Thread: Kneeboard & Flight plan won't display

Default Kneeboard & Flight plan won't display

Hi all,

I am running the Dreamfleet 727, FS9 on Win7 64 bit and all of a sudden my Kneeboard won't display any information. When I create a flight plan, the plan is in the sim and I can print the plan but there is no info when I go to view the plan in the sim. It has been suggested that it is an issue between the Flight 1 wrapper and Internet Explorer 10. Is anyone else having this issue? I am also running Norton 360 2013, could this have anything to do with it? I really need help as I love this aircraft and although it works fine, find it frustrating that I can't access the info on my flight plan (without printing it off) or my kneeboard.

Living in hope,

Nathan

Yes, it is IE causing the issue. I believe setting IE back to IE8 will solve the issue. If your computer was installed with IE8 you can revert back by simply using Programs and Features ....view installed updates.... and uninstall any IE updates. You will need to adjust your windows updates settings or else windows will update to IE10 at the next opportunity. it also means you might want to stop using IE as your default browser.

Thanks for your reply pschlute, I tried installing Google Chrome as my default explorer, but I still ended up having the same issues with the knee board. I don't wish to uninstall IE10, so can someone recommend another IE that works for them?

Cheers again,
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by ftwd View Post
    Thanks for your reply pschlute, I tried installing Google Chrome as my default explorer, but I still ended up having the same issues with the knee board. I don't wish to uninstall IE10, so can someone recommend another IE that works for them?

Cheers again,9
    Nathan.
    If you dont revert back to IE8, you won't fix the problem.

If you are going to be using Chrome as your default browser (I use Firefox), why are you reluctant to uninstall IE10 and 9 ?

Default DF727 with IE11

Hi,

I installed a new copy of Win7 due to ending support of WinXP and have now the same issue - FS2004 freezing whenever I toggle the kneeboard with the 727. Tried to install IE8 but can't install it ("IE8 is not compatible to your Operating System").

Isn't there any solution for the (maybe remarkable amount of) DF727 users who change now over from WinXP to Win7 by April 2014?

Thanks in advance
    and best regards
    Harald Geyer

Default DF727 and IE 11 - actual information

According to some tests I did my problem (FS2004 freezing when kneeboard is toggled) has nothing to do with IE version. The problem is obviously caused be the gauge DF727NJ1.gau, and particularly the ASI gauge . Deactivating this gauge brings back the kneeboard functionality (but will crash the sim if one toggles the FE panel as these gauges seem to interdepent on each other). What could be the cause of this behavior?
    I have a ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6570 running with driver v. 13.1

Thanks and regards
    Harald Geyer
    Last edited by GeyerH; 12-09-2013 at 08:02 PM.