Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decisions when returning to flight simulation

I too am looking to replace my FSX gold. After the last 2 months of nightmares trying to get it going again after making the cardinal mistake of doing an uninstall, I can't even reinstall FSX without getting 1722 error and 1603 error on windows 10. The Microsoft patch is now gone. Tried various reinstalls to different locations/users/registry corrections I am looking to replace it with another sim. I had no issues before uninstall then screen lockup/jerking, loss of atc.... I had FS2000 pro previously.

XPS 8900SE i7-6700, 256SSD 2Tb hard drives, 32Gb ram, GTX960, 4 23" monitors, Saitek dual radios autopilot switchpack, CH products yoke pedals multi throttle quad

Blog Entries

You can now find the licence reset tool (ms kb928080) here:
    Works.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-resetsldlexe/

1 MILE FROM MISSISSIPPI RIVER QUAD CITIES

Hey,

I just bought X-Plane 11 because an associate runs its on his machine and he has it tied to a Tablet which provides yet another program (Garmin, I think) complementing the SIM and overall navigation in flight. The part of X-Plane which I do not like and caught me off guard is: I am unable to use a 2nd monitor for a different view of the airplane, as in FSX. Oh sure, you CAN display an instructor page and/or enhance a lateral view of the cockpit. What I was interested in is a view like a "Chase" View or something external. Cannot do it or I have not figured this out. Also, ATC in X-Plane seems primitive? The audio is computer like and instructions appear limited. All I hear is, "So and so fly X heading." Now maybe I do not know enough yet, but this is my initial impression, so do not blast me yet!! Perhaps it is such, one has to buy the add-ons to embellish X-Plane.

Redd

The FSX Steam on-line app is FSX Gold without many of the inherent problems, including stability, and registration hassles. And it's currently very inexpensive + you get support, if needed. (You can also run the sim off-line if you so choose)...

You should also consider upgrading to Windows 10 - I too had trepidations about it a few years back, switching from Win 7. But so far, I personally have not encountered too many problems with Win 10. I think the main concern out there is many frequent updates by MS. Also, there are concerns that MS is could be quite intrusive, possibly collecting too much data from your PC: Not to the liking of many in our little hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi_Swe View Post
    Also, consider P3D.
    He clearly said he's a hobbyist, ergo ...
    Last edited by ftldave; 11-07-2017 at 01:39 AM. Reason: edit quote txt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12