Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The BAe Jetstream 32!

Default The BAe Jetstream 32!

This twin turbo is SO on my "to get" list! Here's a great video for you twin turbo fans:

Neil

2. Default

I'm waiting for a "Linux" version.

3. Default

I would suggest to think twice. Do you want a nice model with pretty generic turboprop behaviour and a broken flight model?

The performance is not correct, it rolls to the right without any input, and overall does not behave like a real JS32 and is not really that good a simulation in my opinion. So if you want a properly simulated aircraft, save the money or go with the PMDG JS41 in FSX.

Not trying to put you off, but just giving my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I would suggest to think twice. Do you want a nice model with pretty generic turboprop behaviour and a broken flight model?

The performance is not correct, it rolls to the right without any input, and overall does not behave like a real JS32 and is not really that good a simulation in my opinion. So if you want a properly simulated aircraft, save the money or go with the PMDG JS41 in FSX.

Your suggestion and two cents are noted. And quite unnecessary.

5. Default

Oh, we go or self a real Jetstream 32 pilot here. Ever heard of torque roll and infact that you have to trim an aircraft! Keep your cents, i think you need them.

6. Default

Sorry if it came across offensive, it just isn't a great simulation which is what I was trying to communicate. It can be fun, just don't expect it to be all that realistic and keep the aileron trim to the left . I own the addon as well but was quite dissappointed in that aspect and still feel it was money wasted.

The promo video is awesome at least .

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    Oh, we go or self a real Jetstream 32 pilot here. Ever heard of torque roll and infact that you have to trim an aircraft! Keep your cents, i think you need them.
    Funny you should say that, as I actually AM a Jetstream pilot... And trust me, it does NOT roll like the addon does. We keep trim neutral for takeoff and the roll is minimal to none. And I've NEVER needed more than half scale aileron and/or rudder trim deflection just to keep level flight, except in engine out scenarios. On the addon it's common practice to set AT LEAST half scale aileron trim to the left.
    Last edited by Propane; 04-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.

7. Default

A JS32 pilot. Also flown the space shuttle? B2 Bomber, UFO?

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 1406
Size:  26.0 KB
    Last edited by Thunderchicken; 04-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchicken View Post
    A JS32 pilot. Also flown the space shuttle? B2 Bomber, UFO?Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 1406
Size:  26.0 KB
    Sigh... Like I've got nothing better to do than playing pretend on an online forum...

....and this: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...rofile-Propane

Believe it or don't, I really don't care. I just wanted to give someone a heads up on what to expect from the addon, it might not be what you want it to be.

Sorry if it came across offensive, it just isn't a great simulation which is what I was trying to communicate. It can be fun, just don't expect it to be all that realistic and keep the aileron trim to the left . I own the addon as well but was quite dissappointed in that aspect and still feel it was money wasted.

The promo video is awesome at least .

Funny you should say that, as I actually AM a Jetstream pilot... And trust me, it does NOT roll like the addon does. We keep trim neutral for takeoff and the roll is minimal to none. And I've NEVER needed more than half scale aileron and/or rudder trim deflection just to keep level flight, except in engine out scenarios. On the addon it's common practice to set AT LEAST half scale aileron trim to the left.
    Propane, I'm aware of the problems associated with the X-Plane version of the 32, but because X-Plane's Plane Maker is so versatile I believe that I can tweak the aircraft into behaving as it "should." Purely and simply, I like that particular aircraft. As of yet most of the X-Plane aircraft add-ons I've procured have performed well enough for me to feel that they (do) perform like their real-life counterparts (in my opinion). That being said, I also expect many of my new additions to require my 'handling' before I am satisfied with their performance versus their real-world counterparts. I do, however, appreciate your input, and your having flown the actual aircraft yourself and being intimately familiar with it.

To sum it all up, I'll be okay. Also, thank you.

Many men would rather ask what they should do, rather than be told (unsolicited) what they should do. I am one of those men.

Neil (aputech)
    Last edited by aputech; 04-04-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Forgot my manners.

10. Default

I came into this thread a bit too hard, again sorry for that . I'm in no position to tell anyone what to do.

There is a lot about the addon I like as well, it's by no means all bad. I just couldn't find a proper way to fix the flight dynamics in Plane Maker without breaking something else. The last time I tried the latest version, it was just unflyable for me.

When you get the addon, please let me know if you find some improvements for it in Plane Maker, as I would really enjoy flying it properly in X-Plane .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast