Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pilot Profile: Judy Rice

1. Default Pilot Profile: Judy Rice

I am pleased to introduce myself as X-Plane Media Relations, also known as X-Plane Evangelist. I have a great job of spreading the word to the general aviation community about what a great learning tool X-Plane is for us pilots. I am also founder and Captain of Think Global Flight, my around the world flight of adventure promoting education and inspiring students.

Name:  CockpitChuck.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  52.4 KB Name:  PSP_Thumbs-up.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  56.2 KB

I have been passionate about aviation my entire life and finally attaining my pilot's license at age 40, when I became completely convinced that aviation is one of the most powerful tools to help inspire students and to promote STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education. This is when X-Plane and Think Global Flight entered my life!

Building on my track record as a career schoolteacher, an educator with the National 4-H Aerospace Curriculum project, and as a co-architect of the KidVenture program at EAA in Oshkosh, I have set out to embark on an ambitious flight to help educate hundreds of young people around the world, inspiring them to learn more about aviation and to further their own knowledge on STEM, aviation, and aerospace topics. I embark on this adventure with Navigator Fred Nauer from Sun ‘N Fun air show in April of 2014. (www.thinkglobalflight.org )

Of course, I will be practicing my journey using X-Plane! X-Plane users understand when I state that X-Plane is realistic and fun, as well as an incredible learning tool. As an instrument rated pilot, one of the ways I keep my instrument skills sharp is through my personal computer using X-Plane. As a Flight Instructor, my students appreciate the value through using X-Plane for understanding the instruments and the related inputs, the basic concepts of cross countries, and the realistic scenery. (www.x-plane.com)

I have logged over 3,000 hours in numerous aircraft and hold an instrument rating, commercial pilot certificate, advance ground instructor rating, certified flight instructor certificate, and a proud owner of a Grumman American AA-IA Yankee.

Name:  ThinkGlobalLogo.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  42.5 KB

Welcome, Judy, and thanks for sharing this information with us. Looks as if you've had some very interesting experiences. Your web site is interesting, too.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I'd like to welcome Judy to FlightSim.Com. Since Judy first contacted me in her new role for Austin at X-Plane we have had some wonderful phone conversations. I've learned she is a very talented, knowledgeable and wonderful person. She is dedicated to Flight Simulation as well as real avation and there couldn't be a better place to welcome her then here at FlightSim.Com.

During one of our phone conversations, she mentioned she had met Andy Goldstein, so I pointed her to his profile. She was happy to confirm that was him and really liked that first line he wrote in his profile ... "It's fair to say that X-Plane made me a pilot"

One of the best introductions I got was from the one Austin sent ...

Oh and yet ANOTHER thing!

As of today, Laminar Research has a new helper: Judy Rice. Her official title is "X-Plane Evangelist" (this may seem like an odd title, but is actually very standard terminology at Apple) Judy is a flight instructor who will be representing X-Plane to the aviation media. Judy currently is flying a Cirrus SR-20 and is planning a slightly long cross country in it. And when I say "slightly long" I mean "around the planet Earth" (not kidding!)

If anyone would like to welcome Judy to our family or send her a testimonial that she can use in her contacts with the media, then I
    bet she would appreciate it! Her email is [email protected].

Thanks!
    austin

4. Default

Thanks for the great welcoming to FlightSim.Com! I look forward to sharing my love and passion for flying, real and as real, X-Plane. After all, real pilots fly X-Plane!

Welcome aboard, Judy....great to have you here!
    JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,
    8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 980Ti GTX SC ACX Cooler
    Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

After all, real pilots fly X-Plane!
    Be careful with that evangelism. Real pilots fly FSX, too, and perhaps a few others.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

7. Default

Thanks Joe, great to be onboard!

8. Default

Some of my best buddies are FSX users. Please don’t take too much offense, Larry. I too once upon a time but a check out on X-Plane made me a believer. Happy landings to all!

I wasn't offended, Judy -- just thought I'd mention it.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Welcome to the forums Judy, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the AA-1 (you must obviously like them if you own one!) - I've logged (I think) more time in the AA-1C Lynx than any other type and I happen to love them, a really good aircraft for teaching people in, unfortunately the two that our aero club still owns are getting a bit worn out but I'm hoping they might find a new lease of life in future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast