FSX / P3D Software and Hardware Tweaking Guide

fxsttcb

Hello dear simmers,

I've been a long member of the flight simulator community, and for the most part active on the "other" forum, but decided it was time to expand my horizons.

So, as an entry, here is my first share of something that probably most of you already know, and maybe some don't...

My FSX/P3D Software and Hardware Tweaking Guide:

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

This guide should help anyone with a modern computer to set up their FSX to work quite well.

As usual, this might not work for everyone, but it has been confirmed many times that it usually works quite well. Just be sure to give it a detailed read!

Thank you and questions are always welcome!

Regards, Srdan Kostic (aka Kosta)

My Flight Simulation Blog (FSX & P3D Tweaks, Settings, Tests...) aka "How to setup FSX to run really really good?

Yessir, an excellent guide. Thanks for posting. I'm sure it will assist many of the users here...Don

As I noted in the FSX Sticky:

However, I also believe Jesus "Bojote" Altuve's Auto-Tweaker is an excellent alternative for those that are too timid to edit files.

Jesus "Bojote" Altuve's Auto-Tweaker for FSX

Important thing to note is that both me and Bojote have different approaches. While mine is geared for more powerful machines, current hardware, SB and IB CPUs, 5th and 6th generation of Nvidia cards, Bojote's tool is more geared towards older hardware.

Thanks for "qualifying" that...

BTW, I'm going to leave this unlocked for specific questions regarding the Guide and Tweaking tool.

If it begins to show a lot of "That didn't work" responses, out comes the lock...

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

• 1 year later...

They are relevant to V2 also. I think he hasn't updated the title yet.

However - most P3D 2.4 users do not use any tweaks. Some might use job scheduler if they want to change from the default but most leave it alone.

The FFTF setting is also used some.

DO NOT use Bojote's automatic tool.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...