Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I downloaded FLIGHT, and, now, where do I go?

Default I downloaded FLIGHT, and, now, where do I go?

I downloaded FLIGHT, and, now, where do I go?

I've tried to log-into Microsoft's area whereby I can purchase scenery, 'planes - but I can't. Even if I *could* log-in - then there are the 'activation codes'.

I've tried - oh, perhaps a dozen times, thru' XBox, thru' Stream. Thru' FLIGHT. Can't do it.

FLIGHT is pretty software, and my Wife and my Kid would enjoy it - but - maybe you guys know how, not *how* I might 'log-in', I've given up on that. Maybe you know how I can - from somewhere else - download the scenery, the planes ... and then there's the activation process ???

What a pain.

Thoughts, you experienced pilots?

Thanks.

You need an Xbox/Games For Windows account before you do anything.

Basically you don't go anywhere. As it stands its just an arcade game. There are hints of what it could be but unless Microsoft opens it to
    development from other parties forget it. Buy X Plane 10 or Prepar3d and then you have something you can work with. Any of Microsoft
    old Flight sims have more options also. Flight is not even worth hacking because the way things are now they just will shut it off.

Tony

4. Default

As it stands it is also a sim. I use fs9 to make flight plans which show track on gmap a moving map GPS. As I scroll around sectional aviation map of Alaska using gmap viewer. No. No my friend. Flight is very much a sim.

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by MoeWoodworth View Post
    As it stands it is also a sim. I use fs9 to make flight plans which show track on gmap a moving map GPS. As I scroll around sectional aviation map of Alaska using gmap viewer. No. No my friend. Flight is very much a sim.

Moe
    Okay, Try a flight from Yellowknife in Canada to Montevideo in Uruguay. Yes it took many days and do many cities and towns to stop at.
    You can't do that in Flight at all. Or try Barrow, Alaska to Fullerton, California. Cannot do that either. Plus you do not have to jump through numerous hoops to do that. Just select your plane and airport and go I did both of those flights mentioned in FSX. In Flight I refused to fly though hoops and left Hawaii. It said Where are you going and then quite nicely shut down. Could not get it to go again.
    Dumped it.

Enough said dear one.

Tower, N6657 Cessna 172, requesting Flight Following.....
    Tower, N6657 Cessna 172, requesting Flight Following.....
    Hello...Hello...Anybody there?...
    Fun Game! I play with it a lot, but, it just lacks too many fundamentals I'm used to in FS9/FSX/P3D [edit] for me to consider it a proper sim...Don
    Last edited by fxsttcb; 02-14-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)
    Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Moe
    I agree with Moe, Flight is a sim. Limited, yes, but still a sim. Far too many people get hung up on the initial flying around the balloons part to actually see that it is a sim. It is most definitely not an arcade game! Try flying to the observatories on top of the volcanoes without leaning the engine properly in the Stearman. And arcade game wouldn't have bothered with details like this, while a flight sim would.

8. Default

Look. Guys. I like all the flight sims. I use FS9, P3D, Flight, and Aeofly FS. I use to run Xplane and FSX. I use Flight and P3d now and use FS9 just for flight planing for Flight. I realy find each one has their advantages and hangups. In their own way they all have gaming qualities and sim qualities. I think I can make a fair judgmet of what is a sim. I have worked in aviation for 25 years. I fly for a living and use a $90,000,000 sim on occasion. I also maintain a 2x P3D networked sytem at work.

Bottom line. Flight is a sim even if you can only fly within two US States. Ya know, I can fly from Barrow to Unalaska in FSX. So I guess that means Flight could be a sim by your standards. I get the feeling you never tried free flight in Flight.

Moe

I have said it time and again. If you have not gotten deep into Flight you don't have any idea what you are missing. As a old C-150/172 pilot, Flight has the most realistic "feel" of a small GA aircraft I have ever encountered in ANY sim. I just love the Carbon Cub with trackIR and rudder pedals. I fly it every day. I like to hand fly an aircraft and low and slow is my thing. MS flight has it all and can't be discounted just because of bad management. A lot of hard work went into this thing and I for one, appreciate it. And now with a 3rd party aircraft repainting tool going into beta shortly, things are looking up. I also use AeroflyFS and I think we will see some good things down the road form iKARUS as well.

Steve
    Last edited by Air5; 02-14-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Look. Guys. I like all the flight sims. I use FS9, P3D, Flight, and Aeofly FS. I use to run Xplane and FSX. I use Flight and P3d now and use FS9 just for flight planing for Flight. I realy find each one has their advantages and hangups. In their own way they all have gaming qualities and sim qualities. I think I can make a fair judgmet of what is a sim. I have worked in aviation for 25 years. I fly for a living and use a $90,000,000 sim on occasion. I also maintain a 2x P3D networked sytem at work.

Bottom line. Flight is a sim even if you can only fly within two US States. Ya know, I can fly from Barrow to Unalaska in FSX. So I guess that means Flight could be a sim by your standards. I get the feeling you never tried free flight in Flight.

Moe
    But setup in Flight for OnAlaska WI. Do that in Flight! I think you are just using Flight as a HD addon to FS-9. I do agree with you that it could have been a great sim. The teasers are there. The Stearman is the best. But it isn't worth anyone's time unless you just
    want to play. It will not be developed. I wish it would but I fear at my age and health I won't live that long. Probably none of us will. By the way those long flights I mentioned in FSX were free flight all the way, "seat of the pants" dead reckoning all the way. just using maps on my desk for help. FSX certainly is not perfect, far from it. I do enjoy the flying houses that occasionally show up around Chicago and still can't quite figure out how I got a C-47 into orbit!

Got the pictures to prove it.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast