Thread: Add realism to your cockpit with vibrations

Default Add realism to your cockpit with vibrations

Hi:
    I've heard a lot of flight simmers talking about adding vibrating devices to their cockpit as an added effect. I've done it myself and It really does work but I've found an easier and cheaper way to get there. Instead of buying one of the expensive ones listed online, just google Aura Interactor. It is a gaming backpack that contains a shaker in a backpack and a seperate amplifier for about $28. I took the shaker out of the backpack and mounted it on my flight simulator seat and it works great. It rumbles when you start your engines or go down the runway and when you lift off, it quiets down some. The amp is adjustable to sound and sensitivity and because it is a unit that is supposed to be worn as a backpack, its really not as powerful as the ones sold elsewhere and thats a good thing. It gives you just enough of a jolt when its needed and Doesn't over do it. I guess you could leave it in the backpack if you like and listen to music or watch television or play other games. It comes with all connections to hook up to anything. Take it from me. I've been simming for years now, this is Well worth the money and a great addition to flight simming. And the price is right. Check it out. it's the AURA INTERACTOR

ENJOY!

Default A great Idea...

That's a great idea, supercoup! Very canny idea! Years ago, Costco used to sell a contraption called the "ThunderSeat." It was basically a modified metal and plastic office-style chair with speakers built into the seat, back, and headrest, for $150. They didn't wear well, unfortunately, and were soon discontinued. Sounded and felt great, though. Your idea certainly is attractive from a cost standpoint--and I do miss the familiar vibrations of flying when I sim. You may just have given me a new project to work on; thank you, sir!

aputech

Your quite welcome. I remember the Thunderseat well. The only thing i didn't like was that it had speakers creating the vibrations and they got annoying after a while. I built a walk in, sit down simulator and went to a junk yard and purchased a car bucket seat, built a wooden box for a base to mount it on and installed the shaker that I removed from the Aura Interactor into the base. One thing you could do further is to mount it within some sort of a styrofoam box or enclosure, something like a small cooler to eliminate most of the noise it may try to produce. It is not a speaker so the noise is minimal. Its like a speaker without a cone. The vibrations feel authentic and they are not overbearing. The final fix is playing with the adjustments on the amplifier to get it to your liking. There are 2 adjustments, power and filter. Funny thing. This feels so real that I ordered a second one just incase this one burns out. Then Again, I get carried away. This one has been going for 6 years now and no problems. good luck. If you need any further info, reach me at [email protected].
    Quote Originally Posted by aputech View Post
    That's a great idea, supercoup! Very canny idea! Years ago, Costco used to sell a contraption called the "ThunderSeat." It was basically a modified metal and plastic office-style chair with speakers built into the seat, back, and headrest, for $150. They didn't wear well, unfortunately, and were soon discontinued. Sounded and felt great, though. Your idea certainly is attractive from a cost standpoint--and I do miss the familiar vibrations of flying when I sim. You may just have given me a new project to work on; thank you, sir!

aputech

This is an AWESOME idea!!! I am going to get one for myself ASAP! Thanks so much for sharing this information. ~Glenn
    2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits,
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Your Welcome Hardcub2beat
    I installed mine into the upolstery of the bucket seat I use. i just attached it to the frame with a bracket. Have fun!