Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX wont install. "Error 1722" Windows 8 Pro X64

Exclamation FSX wont install. "Error 1722" Windows 8 Pro X64

I just got a Samsung laptop today, and tried to install FSX with Windows 8 Pro X64 and my addons, but when I try to install FSX at the very end of the install it says "Error 1722" and I tried the "Fix" with the command prompt and that didn't work either. I have also experienced errors 1603 and 1605. but Error 1722 prevents FSX from being installed. can anybody help me? my PC can run FSX no problem, and I don't see why its having these idiotic issues. my pc can run FSX with no problem, but the install wont finish. ive tried two different copies of FSX, Deluxe and regular, both have shown the error 1722. My system specs are: Intel i7-3630QM @ 3.4GHz, ATI Radeon HD 7730m 2GB graphics, 6GB DDR3 ram @1600MHz and 500GB HDD. can someone please help?? Error 1722 says "There is a problem with this windows installer package, a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected, contact your support personnel or package vendor" HELP!

I have tried the Microsoft KB928080 "Fix" and it doesn't work. any ideas???
    Last edited by deoxys987; 01-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Unhappy same problem

hi, i have the same problem... windows 8 X64 2gb geforce plenty of processor and ram and FSX wont install because of error "1722"
    "1603" "1628", ive been looking for the answer and so far reinstalling windows 7 is the best option for me. somthing that ive seen to do also is download a registry cleanup program and clean the registry but thats about the only thing i have seen that looks helpful. im still looking for the answer. any help would be much wanted. hope what i have might help:/

This is when the installer thinks it's already installed, correct?

The two times I've had this problem, I ended up reformatting my system drive and reinstalling Windows out of sheer frustration. I tried deleting every instance of FSX and Flight Simulator X from the Windows Registry and it still wouldn't take, so ended up going the reformat and reinstall route...

thanks for replying, and im not really sure if it thinks it is already installed, ive already done the windows reinstall and that help speed up my system but i still cant install FSX.
    the odd thing about this is that it would install just fine before i reinstalled windows, the reason i reinstalled windows is because
    FSX would not start up, even after several reinstalls of the program. now as you can tell it is getting worse im going to try a program that will clean up and fix all my errors hopefully.

Hi

Yes, I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now. Tried all the usual suggestions. I even reset my computer to factory settings-still reports error 1722. My OS is the same as yours (Windows 8 Pro X 64). This could be a very serious and costly problem for flying schools and other organisations who use the FSX program for training purposes. I've given up now and just hope Microsft will do something about it.

I am going to revert back to Windows 7, I have tried Windows 8 Pro but it will not let me install any addons

Bertram, if you install the program where the installer wants you to, it seems to lock it down and you cant add anything. SAme with FS9.

I made a new folder and installed it there. I can add/remove stuff at will.

The only difference with adding scenery is when you are in the scenery library and you click on "OK" to add the scenery, it opens it up to the scenery and texture folders. Just click anywhere in the white area under these folders and it adds it OK.

Hope this helps.

I too have had the same problem. There is a patch for it, MicrosoftKB928080, which doesn't work. It brings up another error HRESULT80004005.

I am switching back to Win 7. Even that process is not easy.

Don't give up on Win8 just yet. Try installing FSX using win7 compatibility mode. The problem is that the installer is actually older than FSX. Once you have FSX installed, you won't have to run FSX in win7 compatibility mode, it runs just fine. In fact for me FSX runs slightly better in Win8 Pro x64.
    Intel core I3 530 oc'd to 4.3 Ghz, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler steady @ 29 degrees Celsius , 8GB Corsiar Vengance DDR3 oc'd to 1550 Mhz, GIGABYTE H55M-S2H, Geforce GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 running in 1080i via HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by ribitt View Post
    I too have had the same problem. There is a patch for it, MicrosoftKB928080, which doesn't work. It brings up another error HRESULT80004005.

I am switching back to Win 7. Even that process is not easy.
    I ordered a new PC with Windows 8 and found FSX to be extremely unstable. I too switched back to Windows 7 and FSX seems to run a lot better on it. I got the feeling that Win8 was more of a business platform of Windows and not a gaming platform like XP and Win7 were/are.
    -Nick. W

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast