Thread: Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's C-123 Provider

1. Default Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's C-123 Provider

Gentleman,

I am typing this hoping to acquire some wisdom regarding the "FSX" version of Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's C-123K Provider"

I am running FSX and have many flights w/ this Aircraft and have even did a repaint that I am very proud of!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-123B Thunderbird.JPG 
Views:	1091 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	138056

but lateley I cannot use the VC because the glass is being covered up by the mask pic in the texture folder.

any way I can correct this so I can fly this plane because I am not a fan of the 2D cockpit I prefer the VC instead

Any suggestions or corrections I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

2. Default

Robert:

Welcome.

[So, the (FSX) "opaque" windscreen has lately become an issue, but was not an issue before?]

I have come across the opaque windscreen issue in ANTONOV series aircraft before. There was even a solution (replacement textures) provided by the creator for one of them. Unfortunately, I cannot locate that aircraft (or the associated notes) at this time. The issue seems to be tied to "FS9-to-FSX" porting and "Alpha Channel" component of the textures.

I'm attaching a couple of links on the related topic. There are hints about how to solve the "opacity" issue, but I'm not sure if it will work for you. Maybe, the texture experts here (or in the Painter's Workshop) can provide you with additional suggestions.

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb25...num=1202374297

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...=alpha+channel

Good-luck.

Quote Originally Posted by simmerdr View Post
    [So, the (FSX) "opaque" windscreen has lately become an issue, but was not an issue before?]
    Can be. Installing FSX SP2 or Accel causes this.

This article by our late friend David "Opa" Marshall explains how to fix it. It's about propdisks, but fixing opaque VC-glass is basically the same.

Wim
    Last edited by f16jockey_2; 11-28-2012 at 03:00 AM.

4. Default

Members I have tried the suggestions, but unless I am doing something wrong, the glass is still covered up

pic is included

Name:	the c-123 galss problem.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	138574

if You would notice the glass above the pilot is fine but the main screen is that mask .bmp included in the file.

this started after i loaded the support pack 1 and 2

Any Ideas, Be grateful for any other suggestions.

Robert

Default problem with dials

I see you are using a Fairchild C-123 (zh 2011 version). I hope you resolved the problem with the glass. But have you tried to solve the problem with the third column devices? We see only the arrow and a black dial.
    Last edited by jonas3lt; 05-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Name:	C123 VC.JPG 
Views:	953 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	147849

During the install did you take the Effects folder out of the C123 aircraft folder and open it and then install the effects files into your FSX/Effects folder, and then open the small textures folder and install those files into the FSX/Effects/Textures folder? That may be causing the window problem in the VC.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post

Name:	C123 VC.JPG 
Views:	953 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	147849
    That's actually a different version of the C-123 package, one that was specifically ported to FSX, whereas the one the OP is using is probably v3 of the 2011 version of the FS9 package, in FSX.

Following the standard DXTbmp procedure for propdisk fixing on the mask and propdisk files fixed it for me (they need to be fixed, then replaced in each of the texture folders unless you're willing to mess around and improve the file structure), but the 3rd column guages are still missing their background, which is probably a lesser issue.

edit:

the guages can be fixed by editing the panel.cfg and finding the 4 guages displayed on 'vcockpit02' that have negative values for the first co-ordinate (the x co-ordinate), and replacing the negative numbers with '0', my guess is that somewhere (probably SP2/Acc) FSX stopped being able to handle negative offsets. It means that the guages are probably a couple of pixels off alignment, but it's good enough

This is pretty much how it should look when fixed:

Although I'm tempted to make that glass effect less... 'dramatic'
    Last edited by nikkia; 05-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.

After finding the download for that 2011 version and it states it's a FS2004 version only, I would think it's a better idea for the OP to download and install the FSX version that works rather than to play around trying to fix the other one. Just my opinion!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Yes! Now they can see clearly. Thank You. This is one of my favorite aircraft, and a good addon. It is a pity that the author disliked fsх.

10. Default

Where can I find this texture?