Thread: Airbus problems

Default Airbus problems

Evertime i am using either a a318,-19 or -20 i stall during the climb. on iFDG ans porject aibus models

It starts on the runway when the plane needs a long time to get fast enough to lift off !
    Than i start climb with a speed of only around 175 knts and the speed is going down and down and after only a view minutes
    Climbing to just 2000 ft the plane stalls and smashes on the ground ;(

Im just wondering what to do ?

What Flaps to use ?? 1x F7 or 2x F7 pr how often ?
    Do i have to trim ?

PS with the 737 i am flying pretty good on an alt of 37000 ft

Use 5 percent flaps for takeoff. Full power, rotate after 120 knots or so, apply brakes to stop the wheels and gear up. then flaps up and climb still at full power. Be gentle on the stick while climbing to prevent stalls. Practice!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Okay i can try that but to be honest i dont think it will work bacause im trying to fix the problem since 1-2 years and it cant be that easy !
    Anyway thanks for replying

In addition to above, make sure you have the tailplane trimmed correctly else you won't easily take off and may have to use excessive stick to remain airbourne.

I don't know what the Airbus figure is but try 5-7 degrees....Is there no info supplied?

Also make sure you are no overweight and the centre of gravity is within limits...if you are tail heavy you could stall

If you see the speed falling push the nose down, lowering the nose can increase you rate of climb if it allows the speed to increase to sufficient levels.

Hi maurice,

I have done this many times, especially with larger planes. First off, check the weight of the plane, obviously the heavier the plane the harder it is for takeoff. Just keep the throttle at 100% and gradually increase altitude after takeoff.

After reading the posts in the FS2002 forum it looks like everyone is having the same problem with those models. There might be a problem within the aircraft.cfg file somewhere for the A318, A319, and A320. You might compare it with the A321 that you say is OK.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Thanks i try that as soon as posible and let you know if it worked !!

Hmmm

Its not working
    Maybe its a problem with the cfg.
    Can anyone tell me what can cause this in the cfg ?

Thanks

What is your climb FPM? Don't go above 2800 fpm Set trim to 1 down, not up! Also what are you using for a panel? I used PSS panel with PA airbus and stalled everytime.. I now use default 321 panel and it flys like a champ. Make sure you have the airfile and cfg file for fsx, these planes were made for fs9 and there are updates for them, just search. Like everyone else said watch your weight and balance. 175 kts liftoff is super fast, you should rotate somewhere around 125-130 kts. This is for Project Airbus, not too familiar with IFDG. This may sound duh, but take off into the wind. A tailwind will put you into the ground. Good luck.

Oh! One more thing. Go into cfg file and make sure Fly by wire=0 since you like to hand fly. Fly by wire makes it very difficult to hand fly. This entry may not be there if you have an fs9 cfg, but doesn't hurt to check.

Quote Originally Posted by joeace View Post
    What is your climb FPM? Don't go above 2800 fpm Set trim to 1 down, not up! Also what are you using for a panel? I used PSS panel with PA airbus and stalled everytime.. I now use default 321 panel and it flys like a champ. Make sure you have the airfile and cfg file for fsx, these planes were made for fs9 and there are updates for them, just search. Like everyone else said watch your weight and balance. 175 kts liftoff is super fast, you should rotate somewhere around 125-130 kts. This is for Project Airbus, not too familiar with IFDG. This may sound duh, but take off into the wind. A tailwind will put you into the ground. Good luck.