Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create photoreal scenery for FSX

1. Default

Thanks, Jim! I'll gather the files together and send you a PM. But since the forum won't recognize my zip files to allow me to upload one, I guess we may need to do this by email. I'll send you my email address.

Edit - Would you need the Altamont BGL files too, or just the XML files for the placed towers?
    Last edited by Zoandar; 02-04-2013 at 04:35 PM.

2. Default

Jim, I just emailed you the whole file set for the Altamont Wind Tower project and also the animated tower I had downloaded later. Good luck!

Jim- I might have missed this butg when doing bridges in SBX a friend of mine went to the sbx ini (config) file and change the extraextrusionaltitude=-20m to -1m.Maybe this helps? dunno. seems to work well. Bob

4. Default

Hi thanks for this really helpful article, I have one query the vector file for the region I work for covers large region and when I replace it with new cv*.bgl I lost all other region, anybody has clue how can I merge my new hydro polygon in to existing bgl?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius K. View Post
    PART I - Preparations

1) Install FSX SDK SP2
    (you have to first install SDK (from your FSX DVD), then SDK SP1, then SDK SP2 in exactly that order)

2) Install SbuilderX and latest Tile server plugins

3) Install ADE

4) Install a image editing software that can work with layers (Photoshop, Gimp etc.)

5) Create a folder "Nauru" on your C: drive

6) Create a folder "Scenery" and a folder "Texture" in your "Nauru" folder

7) Copy (don't move!!!) resample.exe from your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK" folder into your "Nauru" folder
    Sorry for being so ignorant, just now finally started with SbuilderX after installing the SDK. I am afraid I did something wrong. I followed part II, but no map showed up, could it be that I installed the latest tile server plugin incorrectly??
    What I did was copied and pasted the GoogleServer_v115 directly into C, is that where it should be or should it be inside SbuilderX?
    Thanks!!

6. Default

Needs to go in "SBuilderX313\Tiles" Annber.

EDIT: Also there's a v122 available: http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7516#p7516

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Robinson; 02-19-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Jim, finally figured it out just now. I am running into another problem though, I am trying to make a photoreal scenery for the area around Jorge Chavez Int in Lima, Peru. First it was a pain to get the proper coordinates I wanted, got that done finally. Then I noticed that using Google maps the zoom was quite blurry at 11,12, or 13, so I went with Yahoo maps which allowed a much crisper zoom at 13, but when I got to part II (getting your background image), i got all the way to step 13, the tiles seemed to be loading and the map disappeared and had small signs instead telling me the image was unavailable. That is my frustrated progress so far.

Tried Hide and show background with both Yahoo maps and Google maps and still not able to generate a map. Any thoughts Jim?
    Also, why is Google maps soo blurry at zoom 12, it wont even go to zoom 13?

9. Default

It's probably just the best resolution available for the area. When you see the "no data available" tiles it means you've already seen the best there is for the area. Try the virtual earth server, I usually have better luck with that one (in the US anyway). Try a sample in the UK if you want to see some good imagery.

Jim

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast