Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you keep FSX interesting?

1. Default

Pretty simple really, fly and buy new stuff.

Adam

Flying real world routes with all SIDS, Stars, pre-flight calculations etc... etc.. still excites me. Finding routes and dep. arr. procedures online is half the fun of flying for me

Harro

Blog Entries

This is a hard one for me to answer. I've tried free planes, sceneries, etc. and it'll keep me interested for a bit, until I get bored yet again and don't fly for awhile.

Then the itch comes back, and I'm back in the virtual skies. I can't explain why I get bored, however...
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

GLIDER ASSAULT
    Still on the theme of 'keeping FSX interesting', here's something you can do with any glider such as this freeware Horsa-

PIC 1: Start anywhere and hit 'Y' to enter slew mode, then hit 'F4' to go up like a rocket, then hit 'Y' to exit slew and look around for any landing spot you fancy.
    I'll try for that one (circled), so my men can leap out and seize the end of the bridge from jerry-

PIC 2: drop the flaps and point the nose at the landing spot, don't worry too much about getting your speed down (trust me, the brakes on this thing are phenomenal)-

PIC 3: Piece o'cake, good show chaps, the trick is to stand on the brakes at the instant of touchdown and it'll come to a stop within about 50 yards-

I might try it at night too like the real guys did when they seized Pegasus Bridge-

Last edited by ScatterbrainKid; 12-18-2015 at 10:43 PM.

QUOTE - Scatterbrainkid:
    "YLHI- Lord Howe Island, Australia - Located midway between Australia and New Zealand, the default scenery is lacking, but addons are available for improvement."

I agree, Lord Howe Island is a great airport but you do need an addon for sure

Also, I have tried to fly in St Barts but it's nothing like real like, do I need an addon for that??
    Last edited by TheBoeing738; 05-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoeing738 View Post
    ...I have tried to fly in St Barts but it's nothing like real like, do I need an addon for that??
    Absolutely! I know there are payware versions around somewhere, dunno bout freewares

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterbrainKid View Post
    Absolutely! I know there are payware versions around somewhere, dunno bout freewares
    Thanks, I thought I'd need to get an addon scenery package - shame the default airport is so unrealistic.

Here's a cool thread I found a few days ago. Plenty to check out in here for FSX:
    http://www.simtours.net/

Mitch
    I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-Saitek Yoke, -CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt.

Yeah FSX is tremendously flexible, there's no end to the interesting things we can do with it.
    For example one guy at another site is flying round the world in an FSX light aircraft , he posted a list of the dozens of airports/airfields along his intended route, it's taking him weeks and the last I heard he still hadn't finished, I guess weather/winds/day/night/hills/mountains play a big part..

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterbrainKid View Post
    PS- I've always thought the water in Pearl (and other shallows around the world) is too bright blue, is there a fix somewhere to dull it down a bit?
    Try the freeware FS Water Configurator (FSWC) from Striking Software (www.strikingsoftware.com).

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast