How do you keep FSX interesting?

• 3 weeks later...
What I found to be the best thing that has gotten me back to simming is when I bought a new monitor, it is a 34 inch wide screen 3440 by 1440 native. This gives a lot more to view at one time and makes it more enjoyable for me at least. Easy on the eyes as well.

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC

8 GB Ripjaws X Series MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 Viewsonic 27" monito

Antec 750 Bronze power supply Fsx on 'Raptor drive<br>Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive 2 Storage HD

• 2 weeks later...
What I found to be the best thing that has gotten me back to simming is when I bought a new monitor, it is a 34 inch wide screen 3440 by 1440 native. This gives a lot more to view at one time and makes it more enjoyable for me at least. Easy on the eyes as well.

Same here. I'm getting old and vision is fine but not "4K" like it used to be lol. Big monitor has made all the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

taking a few secs to reply ...dont agree with any of the suggestions, but each person has motives...

My reply woulde be:

If you are a pilot, fine. If you are not...

Why are you simming? Why did you install the sim? Are you an aviation lover and fan for your whole life?

Did you know all the model plane names of your time as a kid? did you read about aviation in your spare time?

What drives you?

If you found this game from internet ads or you saw it somewhere and decided to give it try...probably there is no answer to your question

Each aviation lover using this sim will know what he loves to do within the sim, hundreds of variants.

Your aviation interest and love should guide you

If you dont know...just look for another game

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Hello, there captain. In my opinion, you should get a VATSIM account and fly with other real-world people like me in the skies. Also, you can always practice emergencies in free flight mode to sharpen your skills. I hope these are great ideas for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear folks at FSX, I am new here on FSX ..... After years of flying a lot in planes with FlightGear 2018 and 2020 and X-Plane,

First Hawaii, San Francisco-LA., Colorado River, Norway, France, Mallorca....

I have a faster laptop these days, an Acer Aspire A317 52 Core i7 400-500 GB. with Intel Iris Plus..... But the FPS are reduced to ~ 3 FPS.! I am flying with 1-3FPS but the fun is gone. It shocks, stands still a moment ....

Recently I read that FS2004 or FSX is the most used simulator and still works well. question: How can I get it. For me it is about flying over 3D areas on Earth, taking off and landing, instruments and navigation etc. etc. So, I like to hear from you, how can I get this program and fly away with it...

Cheers, Joop Kruize The Netherlands. .... do 25 mrt. 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I keep FSX interesting by flying long distances in small hops. Initially I was curious, if it's possible to fly Germany to Iceland in a Morane-Saulnier 880 and real weather conditions. It is, and I learned a lot along the way :) Every now and then I purchase some payware stuff like sceneries and GA aircraft (which is definately a game changer!), but I always come back to odd trips :D Around the Baltics, the mediterranean sea, Cape Verde and maybe I'll follow airmail routes from the past in a not too fast GA bird heading for the americas :) Plus Return to Misty Moorings definitely sparks much joy these days :)

I started a VA on fshub.io. amazing services and there coming out with an EFB. all free. My VA does lots of specialty bush flying in north east ontario. We do crop spraying and top dressing, traffic enforcement, aerial fire fighting, medevac and occasionaly cargo and passenger runs. I have never been one for long flights. Our FBO is CYXR. My VA- https://fshub.io/airline/GAC/overview

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I read a story or book that includes GA flying. I typically download the aircraft and re-enact the flights. If I want to get fancy, I locate hotels for overnights, and make simulated reservations.

In one case, I actually built a fictional airport to fly to and from.

Ed

I just discovered FltPlan Go! installed it on my 10" tablet, hooked it up with FSX and OMG! the new world of google map suddenly opens to my heart's content!! (years ago I had google earth with FSX but it was a pain to install and to run, Not so with FltPlan Go)

• 2 weeks later...
I fly the VRS Super Hornet F-18E. I strap on a few bombs and head out to the bombing range, fly to it and let loose! I usually select a random range. I do a lot of military flights on my sim.

ScreenHunter_69 22-Mar-18 15.30.jpg

Enough force behind a brick will make it fly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Sometimes I read a story or book that includes GA flying. I typically download the aircraft and re-enact the flights. If I want to get fancy, I locate hotels for overnights, and make simulated reservations.

In one case, I actually built a fictional airport to fly to and from.

Ed

I've done that as well! I also use themes from books. In fact a few years back a few thousand people from all around the world simmed Around the World in 80 Days. People traveled by train, plane, one guy in a sub, etc. But it was all sims.

We all kept travelogs and posted tons of screenshots. The main requirement is you had to arrive at each destination mentioned in the book.

This went on for about a year before the original company that floated the concept finally closed it out. GREAT FUN!!

BTW: My primary aircraft for the trip was the freeware a Honda Jet. But I also flew various other aircraft as well as a flight sim aircraft carrier. (Had to refuel the Honda Jet over the Pacific of course.)

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I just discovered FltPlan Go! installed it on my 10" tablet, hooked it up with FSX and OMG! the new world of google map suddenly opens to my heart's content!! (years ago I had google earth with FSX but it was a pain to install and to run, Not so with FltPlan Go)

Great Idea! I'll give that a shot!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Although C-17 has a freeware version in MSFS, it's nothing compared to the one available in FSX, believe the one in XP-11 is even more adaptable to real world. I like flying that plane a lot, loves to fly. Aint the fastest bird in the sky, but just great all around good plane. I did excersie from Kabul, Afghanistan to Jackson, MS with one to mimic real world evac, the US screwed up big time, don't get me started. Anyway, got MSFS, FSX and XP all on PC, waiting for DVD on XP, since it will take less time that way than the DL way. Then once got it down, will purchase the C-17 for that sim. XP is a learning curve, but it's very, very stable, 2nd day out, Successful ILS approach/landing for 737, and have only been able to do that 10 times in MSFS it's so broken. FSX just works period.

Luco, be more specific on what exactly guidance you want, FSX is now 15 years old, and aside from the Accleration Pack, SP1 and SP2, nothing but aftermarket addons for it.

Explain please, I do not use any "guidance" in FSX, it's has a built in extensive help database, keyboard commands and how they work. Check help as well.

Good morning,

with FSX how can I activate the "automatic flight guidance"? In FS2020 the automatic guide is done with ctrl + alt + x .... with FSX how is it done?

Toggle Delegate Control To Copilot - CTRL + ALT + X for MSFS 2020 ONLY

Does not exist in FSX!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 months later...

This freeware file has listed some of the best freeware aircraft add-ons and in addition the guy has picked aircraft and liveries that fit the locations. He does tons of flight plans which chart a course around the world top to bottom eleven time's. (thus the name weltspirale) Quite fun really and well done. He includes the filenames of lots of aircraft to download and test fly on the courses provided. They are area aware. . . ie you will fly a stealth over Russia. All the freeware is found here on Flightsim.com. I am just starting but it gives an interesting course to test available freeware and provides hours of fly time over different landscapes.

To use in P3D version 3 and below (the aircraft downloads are FSX so most won't work in the version 4 & 5) you will need to recreate the flight plans with P3d unfortunately.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24760/fsx-weltspirale-around-world-mission-adventure-pack/

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

• 2 weeks later...