Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making the Jump - FS98 to FS2002 Scenery...

Thumbs up Making the Jump - FS98 to FS2002 Scenery...

How hard is it to design scenery for FS2002 after designing scenery for FS98? I have all the software for making scenery for FS98, will that sufffice for Fs2002 or will I be upgrading that? I've made three projects for FS98 that turned out well (at least I thought so!) Later today, I'm going to poke around the file areas here and see what new macros are available!

Thanks, Guys!

ChristopherT

I would have to say that I have no idea since FS2002 itself is now rather old. If you want to get more up to date then there are good and free tools for both FS9 and FSX that are actively supported. I would not expect tools for FS2002 to be supported now.

Thanks, Jon! I'm actually starting to churn out some decent stuff using Airport For Windows. I think the hardest element is dealing
    with the elevation changes that FS98 didn't have!

ChristopherT

What? Have I entered a time warp? I don't feel 10 years younger.

Wasn't FS2002 the worst FS version ever?

Art
    Gygabyte GA-Z170-HD3P MB, Intel i5-6600K 4.1Ghz CPU, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960-2GB Graphics, Skill 8GB DDR4-2800 SDRAM, Patriot 240GB SSD, WD 320GB HD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Quote Originally Posted by Art_P View Post
    What? Have I entered a time warp? I don't feel 10 years younger.
    Wasn't FS2002 the worst FS version ever?
    Art
    Not on my computer! I picked it up at OfficeDepot for $10.00 and stuck it away for one of my son's Xmas gifts. Both of us are
    having a blast with it! I could probably run FS2K4 just fine on this computer, but I know FSX won't run on it! I'm still running FS98 and FS4.0 on WinXP and neither has any major issues! FS4 complains that I'm running the software on a non-certified OS, but then it starts right up! It wants Ms-DOS or PC-DOS to run! Nope, no problems with FS2002 and I'm enjoying converting all the FS2004 aircaft to run correctly!

Christopher

What I remember about FS2002 was that it was a slide show on my computer at that time. When FS2004 came out, those problems were over. I suppose today's hardware makes a difference.

Art
    Gygabyte GA-Z170-HD3P MB, Intel i5-6600K 4.1Ghz CPU, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960-2GB Graphics, Skill 8GB DDR4-2800 SDRAM, Patriot 240GB SSD, WD 320GB HD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

That's true! I now have a 2nd hand Emachines Computer from Walmart. My first real computer was a P2 with Win98 I bought in 1991, 300 mhz that screamer was!

ChristopherT

9. Default

I was expecting this to be one of those 8 yr old threads! I just installed FS2002 on a whim the other day and something's obviously severely messed up because my i7 machine that runs FSX at 40 FPS runs FS2002 at around 13 . I dunno what I've got wrong, there must be some directx compatibility issue or somethinhg. Oh well, I didn't really want to do anything with it, I mostly just wanted to "visit" for nostalgia reasons. FS2002 was my intro to FS and it really roped me in. It was good to see it, PAKT was one of my favorites so I did a quick flight around there. That's it, I'm done now, it was fun, seen all I need to see, now where's that FSX shortcut, lol?

It's cool to see someone's still messing with it though, I always thought FSSC was better than Airport for Windows, but I really had no clue what I was doing with either one. It seems the big difference for me was being able to import a screenshot as a background image to build your airport on, IIRC Airport for Windows couldn't do that. I messed with it a little, built a couple fictional airports that were sort of neat. Here's that program if you want to check it out:

https://www.flightsim.com/file.php?c...e=fssc*15b.zip

Jim

I do have FSSC installed, that version too. But just keep going back to Airport For Windows, there are some features I just like about it! However, it did come with some CFS2 macros that I'm interesting in taking another look at if I get the itch to try some more modern scenery!

Thanks, Jim!

ChristopherT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast