Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: My Take On All Of This

  1. #11

    Default

    MS owes you nouthin. Over the last yr or whenever Flight was announced I have been reading peoples googling and gauging, what I want in Mf, I hope MF this. MF will be this etc. It was almost to the point of rediculous. I just shook my head and thought man theses folks could be very disappointed! they maybe were. Now what I really thought when reading all those post and comments. How stupid!
    CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900
    MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    The flight training center, Ca
    Posts
    4,101
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo_NY1 View Post
    The real statement is MS was actually not looking at the FS community. They were looking elsewhere. .
    They've said countless times they want our sale, and some of you still don't get it. That's not to say they'll get it or succeed in producing something you want, but they do, in fact, want as many sales as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo_NY1 View Post
    Otherwise, the OP's statement is valid.........they would certainly be smoking something or be out of touch with reality if they thought the community would be content with Flight.
    Would you say that to the face of someone on the team? These guys have a lot riding on this. It's quite a gamble for them to all keep their jobs. You have absolutely no clue what you're dealing with since the software isn't released. That's a bold statement backed up by nothing but opinion.
    FAA Certified Flight Instructor, ATP/Commercial Pilot and Airframe/Powerplant mechanic CFI/CFII/MEII/ATP-MEL/A&P
    American Corporate Pilot


    AMD X6 1090T black edition CPU, liquid cooled
    NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5Gb GPU
    8G DDR3-1600 RAM
    3TB storage, plain hard drives

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    They've said countless times they want our sale, and some of you still don't get it. That's not to say they'll get it or succeed in producing something you want, but they do, in fact, want as many sales as possible.

    Would you say that to the face of someone on the team? These guys have a lot riding on this. It's quite a gamble for them to all keep their jobs. You have absolutely no clue what you're dealing with since the software isn't released. That's a bold statement backed up by nothing but opinion.
    I would absolutely say it to their face. I don't know how much they have riding or what gambling they have done, but keep in mind that not all business ventures or ideas succeed financially. The idea that the software is not released is the .0001 benefit of a doubt anyone could give them. I'm looking at this from a financial perspective and it has FAIL written all over it.
    Ricardo
    FSThrottle.com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The very first time I heard about MS Flight, I already think it will be console-ish. But all the while, the community keeps hoping it is more than that and keeps interpreting MS statements that way. I believe people just expected too much, which led to this mess. I think it is the community who over-hyped the thing.

  5. #15

    Default

    Nobody disrespects the software engineers down in the trenches working their hearts out to produce the best work they can. It is the management since FSXI that has acted irresponsibly. EA Games and Battlefield 3 have a full blown 64 bit advanced simulator engine out in production. Contrast that with MS' management decisions which resulted not in cutting edge technology leading the industry as it always has in the past and a full blown FSXI simulator. Instead we have the same technology lightened up a little, still 32 bit, limited to 2 gb of ram usage while friends of mine routinely run 16 gb of ram. To make things worse they turned Flight into a closed community with no SDK. By comparison Flight looks like the E German cast iron bathtub I told you guys about before. That story is true by the way, I think it was in the Wall Street Journal after the Berlin Wall came down and Germany was reunited. Those companies that had continued onward for in excess of 41 years without any innovation at all in a closed society (their country's motto was "Workers of the world unite!" --strangely enough the same motto as the SEIU union!), failed overnight when Capitalism and an open society took over. Flight technology is perhaps 5 to 8 years old? Battlefield 3 has cutting edge technology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)#Games_using_Frostbite So yes I wonder if they do drug testing at MS. But I don't disrespect the software engineers that are trying their best. It is the management and their lack of responsibility and complete failure of vision, and worst of all it is a closed community with no SDK. "You VILL enjoy our boring low tech poor quality default 747, vee have vays of dealing vis you!" Flight 5 to 8 year old technology, Battlefield 3 cutting edge 64 bit technology, E German cast iron bath tub, oversized advanced plastics multijet hot tub and Dallas Cowgirls! The comparisons are stark.
    68,000 lbs of thrust..... "Excellent!" --Montgomery Burns, Simpsons tv show

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels355 View Post
    EA Games and Battlefield 3 have a full blown 64 bit advanced simulator engine out in production.
    Though Frosbite has impressive graphics, physics and destructible environments, it's not a realistic simulation engine. Have you seen the flight dynmaics of the planes there?

  7. Default

    Microsoft looks where the money is, since they are not a Charity Fund.

    If they have developed a soft-core simulator like Flight (providing Flight is soft-core) it is because they believe it will appeal more buyers.
    If they are not going to release an SDK, it is because they believe it will give them more business opportunities.

    People buy "Need for Speed" to have fun and not to learn to drive. This is quite similar in concept.

    Paolo

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    It's a little cold outside right now.
    Posts
    7,796

    Default

    Have you seen the flight dynmaics of the planes there?
    They could most likely improve them if they wanted too, but that isn't what they're going for.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Location
    The flight training center, Ca
    Posts
    4,101
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Microsoft looks where the money is, since they are not a Charity Fund.

    If they have developed a soft-core simulator like Flight (providing Flight is soft-core) it is because they believe it will appeal more buyers.
    If they are not going to release an SDK, it is because they believe it will give them more business opportunities.

    People buy "Need for Speed" to have fun and not to learn to drive. This is quite similar in concept.

    Paolo
    A voice of reason! It's not because they don't care about simmers. I'm sure their best of intentions involve making money off of us, but what they want is to make a product that will move as much as possible.
    FAA Certified Flight Instructor, ATP/Commercial Pilot and Airframe/Powerplant mechanic CFI/CFII/MEII/ATP-MEL/A&P
    American Corporate Pilot


    AMD X6 1090T black edition CPU, liquid cooled
    NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5Gb GPU
    8G DDR3-1600 RAM
    3TB storage, plain hard drives

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angels355 View Post
    Customers with money ready to spend have every right to express their opinion and throw that plate of food against the wall if dissatisfied.
    That sounds like the Gordon Ramsey business model!

    ChristopherT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. take off position @ pitch take off a330
    By dzairul in forum FS2004
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
  2. You take the High road, I'll take the low road
    By Top_Gun in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:42 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 01:56 PM
  4. All my planes take off to quickly...
    By Chris03 in forum FS2002
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 05:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2002, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •