Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Somewhat Disturbed on This in the "Fact Sheet"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jugador View Post
    Unfortunately, this seems to be the (sad) trend in the gaming industry. Apparently, dlc is where the monies are.

How does $100 bucks for a plane sound to you?...

Well, that's exactly what EA is charging for their latest "premium elite" vehicle.

EA $100 car

Of course, it's just a psychological marketing ploy. I doubt they'll sell many, but now the $50 vehicles look like a bargain!
    Well the trend is already apparent with all the FS9 and FSX add-ons floating around. MS just wants everything for themselves this time. But how fast can they develop sceneries and aircraft? Flight is so bare bones, there's a lot of things that needs to be done till we get FSX level of content.

Yes it seems to be an interim product. They will develop the main simulation engine. Offer a small portion for free. Slowly develop additional content. Make people buy little add-ons to fund the development of the full blown stuff. It may also create a new generation of flight simmers. (Who may upgrade to FSX once they find out what's missing in Flight).

It actually makes no difference to us if Flight (stripped down) releases this year or Flight (full blown as we thought it would) be released in 2014. If we want the full blown stuff we have to wait.
    Last edited by jomni; 01-05-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Let's wait and see how it turns out. MS always has a knack of designing very appealing software. Perhaps Flight is designed to try to reach a wider audience from the complete novice who may not plan to become an aficionado, and perhaps it will be scalable upwards to the most demanding simmers like me. Having a wider larger audience is better for us aficionados, it results in more money for the Flight developers so we will get a better product.

In the past there was some talk about Flight excluding freeware developers, and payware developers that were not officially licensed by MS to provide add-ons. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I want to buy more PMDG's and other aircraft.

I just finished assembling my first FSX computer, haven't even installed Windows yet, seems like I'm a little behind schedule. Has anyone tried Flight yet? Its' release is only a few months away, I think we should just wait and see how it turns out.
    68,000 lbs of thrust..... "Excellent!" --Montgomery Burns, Simpsons tv show

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angels355 View Post
    In the past there was some talk about Flight excluding freeware developers, and payware developers that were not officially licensed by MS to provide add-ons. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I want to buy more PMDG's and other aircraft.
    This seems to be the case. Someone even speculated (or it came from the horse's mouth) that they won't release the SDK. They will tightly control additional content and distribute it though Windows Live. So no freeware. As for payware, I just hope they enlist accomplished add-on developers instead of tackling everything themselves. It will take forever for MS to do it alone especially when they released a game that is at it's bare minimum.

Regulation has it's benefits... you get higher standards.

4. Default

Well they lost one customer and they haven't even came out with the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jomni View Post
    This seems to be the case. Someone even speculated (or it came from the horse's mouth) that they won't release the SDK. They will tightly control additional content and distribute it though Windows Live. So no freeware. As for payware, I just hope they enlist accomplished add-on developers instead of tackling everything themselves. It will take forever for MS to do it alone especially when they released a game that is at it's bare minimum.

Before we all start getting upset, let's just wait and see what they give us, and their rules of the game. I'm sure everything will turn out all right. We have to have our freeware however, and our PMDG's, and we need truly awful payware that allows us to write scathing reviews of the product, and/or throw the boxed item against the wall and into the garbage, these are all things that are important to flight simmers. If MS is in control of what is released to us they may dumb down payware products. But it is much too early to be upset about anything, we should be thrilled that MS came through for us and provided a new flight simulator. In only a few months we'll be able to get our hands on the actual product and see what they are offering for ourselves. I'm looking forward to a synergistic experience, a lot of synergies have been put into this product.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jomni View Post

How many times did you turn your head - to look around for freeware addition to your simulator ??

Without SDK you will not be able to do so ! if you want to add anything to your flight game you will have to pay - and continue to pay every single time you want somenthing new.

this is exactly what is meant when you read NO SDK !! I can assure you that a NO SDK is not going to benefit you or thousands of others !!

Is that true, no SDK? MS has often had a change of heart in many situations, is MS going to have a change of heart in this area? We need the SDK. We need to have the freedom to have the ultimate PMDG's, and the Klingon cruiser too.

When MS announced their plan to produce MS Flight, was that the end of the Aerosoft flight simulator?

Pro Pilot
    Flight Unlimited II
    Fly!! 2
    FlightGear
    Microsoft "Flight"

Nuff Said!

Christopher

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by angels355 View Post
    Is that true, no SDK? MS has often had a change of heart in many situations, is MS going to have a change of heart in this area? We need the SDK. We need to have the freedom to have the ultimate PMDG's, and the Klingon cruiser too.

When MS announced their plan to produce MS Flight, was that the end of the Aerosoft flight simulator?
    I am a photoreal scenery maker and it will be the end for me.
    Several months back I spoke with a possible capital investor.
    He knew people at Microsoft and told me if I took my product to them they would steal it.
    It has always been my idea to combine the simming world with real world pilots.
    A flight simulator ground school with resident CFI is the future of aviation training.
    I guess Microsoft has figured that out, perhaps with some outside help.
    By providing an SDK, Microsoft implied we could use it.
    Now they see that add-ons are the much larger income to the initial product.
    Our only solution is an open source simulator program that belongs to us.

Ironically, I just finished Hawaii but could not do the Big Island because the aerials were so bad.
    The scenery is free for all on my sample page. And the rest of my scenery may be free soon also :?

Actually I think Flight just may improve the marketability of good FSX add-ons. I'm certainly sticking with it, just to have an SDK to work with, creating freebies and fixes.
    With nowhere to go but MS for add-ons, and no SDK for 3rd party development, I can see a renewed interest in add-ons for FSX. Especially once the newbies find out that there is a bounty of free enhancements and superb payware readily available.
    It might not be the perfect sim, but is the best we have.

ORBx seems to be sticking with FSX and Prepar3D for the duration. Solid plans for the next 2 years or so and looking at ten years of development for those platforms.
    If LM does get the bugs worked out of the ESP engine, even at the price, it will be a viable alternative. The beauty of that, is FSX add-ons should work too...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)
    Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast