• Founder

Microsoft Flight

Fact Sheet

Title: Microsoft Flight

Availability: Spring 2012 Worldwide

Developer: Microsoft Studios

Format: Digital download

ESRB Rating: Rating pending

Pricing: The starter pack is free to play and includes the Icon A5 and the Big Island of Hawaii. Pricing for game add-ons will vary.

Product Overview: Microsoft Flight is an entirely new PC game that lets players jump into the challenge, fun, and freedom of flight with no special hardware or past experience. Whether players want to fly freely or choose to master real instruments and controls, Microsoft Flight is easy for a beginner while challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots.The game immerses players in the flying experience with realistic graphics and accurate physics, and will continually evolve with new terrain, aircraft and challenges that can be downloaded via expansion packs.

Features: Top features include the following:

You're at the Controls. Microsoft Flight offers hours of exciting gameplay for free with the initial download. Set the pace by choosing to turn on flight aids or use the cockpit controls to perform authentic piloting procedures. Choose how to play, whether it's completing missions, finishing challenges, exploring the sky or finding aerocaches. Players looking to deepen their experience can download additional packs that add new aircraft, regions and customization options. As a player's experience grows, so too does Microsoft Flight, with frequently released new content like daily aerocache challenges and regular mission updates designed to keep the experience fresh.

If You Can Use a Mouse, You Can Fly. With Microsoft Flight, players can jump into the challenge and fun of flying with no special hardware or past experience. At the push of a button players can see all available missions, be transported to specific locations, view the airplanes in their hangar, or track and share accomplishments. After a brief tutorial, they'll be soaring past the lush, breathtaking cliffs of the historic Waipio Valley or witnessing the vast crevices of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with a view from above.

Stunning Realism. Microsoft Flight features a visually stunning and realistic representation of the region-specific weather patterns, foliage and terrain, landmarks and flight physics. Players can explore in highly rendered, accurate cockpits of airplanes, or fly with a view of the airplane from the outside.

Product Specifications: Microsoft Flight is optimized for the average PC user, with no special hardware required.

Minimum:

Dual Core Processor 2.0 GHz

256MB graphics card, DirectX 9.0c compliant

10GB hard drive space

WinXP SP3 or newer

2GB RAM

Recommended

Dual Core Processor 3.0 GHz

1024MB graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 or nVidia GeForce 9800T or equivalent

30 GB hard drive space

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

6GB Ram

Visit the official Microsoft Flight web site here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Hope us old dogs can learn new tricks. In the few pics shown, clouds and scenery look awesome. Also appears like most hardware will give good results.

My two cents.

Check out the 'Somewhat disturbed' thread

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4400@2.00 GHz

4.00 GB RAM (3GB useable: DDR2)

Nvidia GEFORCE 9500 512MB Graphics Card

Windows 7 32-bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What part of the NDA allows you to discuss any aspect of Flight outside of the beta group? We're all yearning for more info, but, a deal's a deal...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Just when you thought the end was near on MS flight posts till it actually came out . Whammmmmmmmmmmm. Just remember the fine print, this info is subject to change. A million times.

Clear Skies, Royal.

Win7 64, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X, GSkill 8ghz, GTX560TI, WD 2t, FSX Accel, REX E, ORBX, Scenery Tech,Scene4X, Shade, UTX,GSX,Accu-feel,FSUIPC,Track IR5

http://lhsimulations.hu/LHSimulations/images/Supporter.png

• 4 weeks later...

I think someone should add to this Fact Sheet (or make it clearer) that Flight is for PCs only. This I say judging by the number of posts I've already come across spewing all kinds of nonsense about Xbox and processors and Achievements and even "old peoples' games".

*scoots back to Screenshot Forum*

http://www.vafinancials.com/v5/plugins/vafs_status.php?cs=svag9499&c=0

Well, self-professing "thread-killer", howza'bout deez apples?....

"Microsoft is demonstrating its Microsoft Flight game at CES 2012 this week. The company announced a beta version recently, and it's showing off that exact copy at its final CES booth. We got a hands on with the beta copy today, and can confirm it works well with an Xbox 360 controller."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/2697548/microsoft-flight-hands-on-video-ces-2012

So this info is wrong or not? Does not an Xbox 360 controller require an Xbox? Or am I more confused than normal?

My 1st post in half-a-year +, methinks. Knew I could do it.

So this info is wrong or not? Does not an Xbox 360 controller require an Xbox? Or am I more confused than normal?

I think people need to pull out the quick reference card that came with FSX as it supports the Xbox 360 controller and is not an Xbox game.

One note though, the actual Xbox controller is wireless by default. The one that works with the PC is a wired controller and costs a few bucks more. There's actually 3 controllers the wireless, the wired, and the hybrid charger. I would recommed the simple wired one as the hybrid needs a working battery to function.

Also FSX didn't recognize all the analog coponents found on the xbox controller, in fact only 1 out of 4 work. I believe you also can't use the D-pad either... So aside from the buttons and one analog stick the Xbox controller is pretty limited for FSX although I've had a friend fly VATSIM with it so it's not entirely useless. I think that's why they are emphasizing the Xbox controller this time around as it will actually recognize all the components, not just the ones that translate to the the PC world by default.

One note though, the actual Xbox controller is wireless by default. The one that works with the PC is a wired controller and costs a few bucks more.

Around here the wired controller is cheaper than the wireless controller for Windows model, which does come with a wireless adapter for the PC (or any of the wireless models for the Xbox itself).

Also FSX didn't recognize all the analog coponents found on the xbox controller, in fact only 1 out of 4 work. I believe you also can't use the D-pad either...

Well, according to the quick reference card, all buttons, analog sticks and the d_pad are recognized and used by FSX.

Sorry I don't work in retail.. nor do I control prices MS does. And if they want people to buy Xbox controllers next month I'm not surprised they changed the prices. The fact remains FSX does not support all the features because you actually need the Xlibraries, not the DirectX ones.

Sorry I don't work in retail.. nor do I control prices MS does. And if they want people to buy Xbox controllers next month I'm not surprised they changed the prices.

Any time I've ever looked, the wired controller has always been cheaper. It's nothing new, at least around here.

The fact remains FSX does not support all the features because you actually need the Xlibraries, not the DirectX ones.

You really need to do some research. As shown in the quick reference card that comes with FSX, the sim supports the use of all buttons and controls on the Xbox 360 controller. Just for fun I plugged one in and gave it a go, and what do you know, it worked!

The fact remains FSX does not support all the features because you actually need the Xlibraries, not the DirectX ones.

The fact remains that it is recognized like any other joystick.

You don't need any Xlibraries.

Are you really sure you don't make this stuff up?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png