Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Fact Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by NSRacer View Post
    "Availability: Spring 2012 Worldwide" hard to believe
    June 20, 2012 counts as Spring.
    Hello Dave

@ PawPaw's house - near KADS, Addison, Texas, USA

What part of the NDA allows you to discuss any aspect of Flight outside of the beta group? We're all yearning for more info, but, a deal's a deal...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)
    Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Quote Originally Posted by duramax View Post
    ... [NDA Content Deleted] ...

I look forward to leaving Hawaii and venturing the world.... beercrazy
    Welcome to FSX!

Just when you thought the end was near on MS flight posts till it actually came out . Whammmmmmmmmmmm. Just remember the fine print, this info is subject to change. A million times.
    Clear Skies, Royal.
    Win7 64, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X, GSkill 8ghz, GTX560TI, WD 2t, FSX Accel, REX E, ORBX, Scenery Tech,Scene4X, Shade, UTX,GSX,Accu-feel,FSUIPC,Track IR5

5. Default

I think someone should add to this Fact Sheet (or make it clearer) that Flight is for PCs only. This I say judging by the number of posts I've already come across spewing all kinds of nonsense about Xbox and processors and Achievements and even "old peoples' games".

*scoots back to Screenshot Forum*

boxcar Guest

Well, self-professing "thread-killer", howza'bout deez apples?....

"Microsoft is demonstrating its Microsoft Flight game at CES 2012 this week. The company announced a beta version recently, and it's showing off that exact copy at its final CES booth. We got a hands on with the beta copy today, and can confirm it works well with an Xbox 360 controller."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/2697548/microsoft-flight-hands-on-video-ces-2012

So this info is wrong or not? Does not an Xbox 360 controller require an Xbox? Or am I more confused than normal?

My 1st post in half-a-year +, methinks. Knew I could do it.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Hi,

You've been away too long!! You can hook up an XBox controller to your computer USB port and it works with FSX, and next with Flight.

So, you are just confused!!!

boxcar Guest

AHHHhhhhhhhh!
    Thanks, Jim. However, am more than "
    just confused"... & have paperwork backing me up on that.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.

So this info is wrong or not? Does not an Xbox 360 controller require an Xbox? Or am I more confused than normal?
    I think people need to pull out the quick reference card that came with FSX as it supports the Xbox 360 controller and is not an Xbox game.

One note though, the actual Xbox controller is wireless by default. The one that works with the PC is a wired controller and costs a few bucks more. There's actually 3 controllers the wireless, the wired, and the hybrid charger. I would recommed the simple wired one as the hybrid needs a working battery to function.

Also FSX didn't recognize all the analog coponents found on the xbox controller, in fact only 1 out of 4 work. I believe you also can't use the D-pad either... So aside from the buttons and one analog stick the Xbox controller is pretty limited for FSX although I've had a friend fly VATSIM with it so it's not entirely useless. I think that's why they are emphasizing the Xbox controller this time around as it will actually recognize all the components, not just the ones that translate to the the PC world by default.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast