About Microsoft Flight

Nels_Anderson

One might even wonder if the supposed "new market" demographic research has taken into consideration that 8 to 13 year olds probably don't have much disposable income.

You are making a conclusion based on a suspect assumption. As it happens, the vast majority using Flight are in the 20-60 year old demographic

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

My "new market" demographic comment was sarcasm. I'll be more clear next time.

Regardless of the demographic analytic, it seems to me a F2P game with a DLC business model should have DLC. Lots of DLC. That MSFlight doesn't atm, may be cause for concern in building brand presence and loyalty. "Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success." - Henry Ford.

Mith - "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." - Henry Ford.

"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." - Henry Ford.

It's very easy to make a facile remark like that when you're running a company that's made you a millionaire.

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." - Henry Ford...

Yes, one can only hope that MSFlight learns from Henry Ford's mistakes and begins offering something for sale besides black, DLC perhaps.

It's very easy to make a facile remark like that when you're running a company that's made you a millionaire.

I know. Money changes everything. Until it doesn't.

Yes, one can only hope that MSFlight learns from Henry Ford's mistakes and begins offering something for sale besides black, DLC perhaps.

Was that a mistake by Henry Ford? Surely the Model-T made the company's (and his) fortune?