Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Morse Code Beeping Sounds

Default Annoying Morse Code Beeping Sounds

I'm flying mostly my Carenado V-35 Beechcraft but have noticed this with other planes when I switch when flying in flight. It doesn't seem to do it all the time.

I get this very annoying loud beeping sound which sounds like Morse Code.

I've tried clicking on all of the buttons for the Navigation Radio and all the key commands having to do with the same with no luck.

Not sure what is triggering this to happen. Should I look into some of the sound files and remove these or rename them????

Thanks,
    Mitch
    I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-Saitek Yoke, -CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt.

Check all your NAV and ADF receivers, one of them has IDENTY on.
    You don't need to click ALL buttons on the radios, just the correct one. Read the manual.

Stay away from the sound files, one day you may need them.

Wim
    Last edited by f16jockey_2; 12-03-2011 at 11:42 AM.

3. Default

I've usually been able to stop the annoying VOR station identification code beeping by turning it off at the nav/com radio. But I've also sometimes gotten the same beeping sound on a J3 Cub with no radios (even with the optional hand-held communication radio turned off). I suspect that since my FSX initially opened with the default Cessna 172, which has nav/com equipment, the beeping sound carried over when I switched to the Cub. When I set FSX to initially open with the Cub instead of the C172, the VOR anunicator beeping code was gone. Something else that worked as a quick fix was that I simply went into the FSX sound options and turned off the "cabin" (I think it was called "cabin") sound.

That is usually the ADF, turn it off at the top of the radio stack

Interestingly enough, it's been good for the last couple days. Until just now. In mid flight from Tallahassee FL to Montgomery AL it started up again. I tried turning off the "Cockpit" option in the FSX Sound settings which seems to work. Hopefully, I won't need whatever else might be connected to that.

I've included a picture of the radio in the V-35. If somebody knows what should be shut off I'd appreciate you pointing it out. I've read all of the information in the manual that came with the plane but there's not much there. If I turn off the Avionics Master switch it shuts it off but all my other stuff I need as well including auto pilot.

Mitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavRadio.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	113620  
    I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-Saitek Yoke, -CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt.

Did you check the microwve in the back of the cockpit your inflight meal is ready LOL
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 ghz tweaked to 4.1 ghz, Gigabyte MB MA785GM-US2H, 8 gb DDR2 800 ram, MSI ATI Radeon HD 7770 1GB DDR5, 1 TB HD, 42" lg plasma,Win 7 Pro 64 bit, FSX Deluxe and Acceleration Pack:cool

Looks to me as though you have both nav radios, marker, DME and ADF1 speaker switches turned on.
    Q6600 @ 3.1 GHz (for the moment)
    Tuniq Tower 120 cooler, Antec 1200 case
    Biostar Tpower I45 mobo, 4GB OCZ Reaper RAM
    BFG Geforce GTX 280

Did you check the microwve in the back of the cockpit your inflight meal is ready LOL
    No, I only eat ice cream when flying.

Looks to me as though you have both nav radios, marker, DME and ADF1 speaker switches turned on.
    deor, can you be more specific in describing what should be shut off. As if describing to a 1st grader that's a little on the slow side.

I learned one thing that I'd like to keep on in the cockpit sounds is the beeping when the auto pilot is shut off.

Thanks guys, Mitch

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

Try pushing some of these buttons...

Name:  NavRadio.jpg
Views: 11273
Size:  58.0 KB

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    Try pushing some of these buttons...

Name:  NavRadio.jpg
Views: 11273
Size:  58.0 KB

peace,
    the Bean
    He only needs to press the "MKR" button. MKR means marker ident. Every navaid (VOR's, NDB's, ILS's, etc) has a morse code identifier. If you have a chart, you can view said identifier and compare it to the marker ident to make sure you have the correct navaid tuned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast