Thread: Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS control

Default Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS control

I recently acquired the X52 Pro system, which was working fine, but now my CH Pro pedals have gone back to CH for warranty repair. I am now stuck with the stick twist for rudder control, but have found to my horror that the twist only provides 3 positions - center, full left, and full right - in other words there is no proportional control at all, and it works the same in FSX and 6 other flight games. I can't believe Saitek is serious, as it makes any planes uncontrollable, and I have gone to their forum to inquire, but they do not accept new registrations, so I can't post.

Before I go any further, does anybody here use the X52 Pro, and can you tell me if this a standard feature, or just a problem in my particular stick?

It *should* have proportional control, however as I have discovered much to my annoyance, Saitek is rubbish quality made in the cheapest factory they could find in China. Because I live in Australia, and wanted to buy it in a store, my X52 Pro cost me over $300 and stopped working after just over 1 year (ie no warranty left). I've opened it up and couldn't believe how shoddy the workmanship is. I'm not surprised at all that yours is not working properly. Saitek = NO Can't even post on their forum. Gotta be kidding me.

Thanks for your reply digs. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience, and that the quality is poor, but just about everything we buy these days comes from China.

I seem to have solved the immediate problem I described. I had removed the CH Pro pedals for repair, and discovered the described problem when trying to temporarily use the twist feature for rudder control. I then uninstalled the CH Control Manager software, and the stick twist became more manageble, but was still unruly in several games. I then cleaned up the Registry with CCleaner, and tried to un- and re-install the Saitek software. That seems to have done it - I now have proportional rudder control in all games except LOMAC, which does not respond to to the stick/rudder control at all.

I believe there was some kind of interference between the CH and Saitek drivers. I hope I will have better luck with the X52 Pro than you did.

I use the top rotator on the throttle. Much easier than twisting that joystick around.

Thanks - an interesting idea - I may try that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    I recently acquired the X52 Pro system, which was working fine, but now my CH Pro pedals have gone back to CH for warranty repair. I am now stuck with the stick twist for rudder control, but have found to my horror that the twist only provides 3 positions - center, full left, and full right - in other words there is no proportional control at all, and it works the same in FSX and 6 other flight games. I can't believe Saitek is serious, as it makes any planes uncontrollable, and I have gone to their forum to inquire, but they do not accept new registrations, so I can't post.

Before I go any further, does anybody here use the X52 Pro, and can you tell me if this a standard feature, or just a problem in my particular stick?
    I have been using the Std X-52 HOTAS for 9 Months. It has worked flawlessly. All Axis are Fully Proportional, unless you adjust them otherwise using the Sensitivity Settings in MSFS "Control Options" Section. The Sensitivity Settings for each HOTAS Input can be tailored to each plane and each pilot's desire, works great, but if they are out of Linear/Proportional setting then all things are possible. Suggest you adjust the Rudder Sensitivity and the other settings to "0", except Reactivity and that should be "100". Can't speak to it's long term ruggedness, but I fly with the X52 several hours everyday and have had no issues. I do not program the X52 with it's internal Modes and Setup. I used it right out of the box.,
    Sounds like a setup issue to me, since you have the issue with two different HOTAS. Good Luck.
    AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - Asus TUF FA506IV Upgradable Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on Ultra and some on High with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.

Just for the record I did not write the above submissions that carry my username. I did respond to another submission with similar title, and the computer got confused - lol!

GOOD GRIEF! Now I see that I DID write the above back in 2011!!! That was 10 years ago!!!