Thread: Serious climb performance problems with iFDG A318, A319 and A320

Default Serious climb performance problems with iFDG A318, A319 and A320

I've experienced a peculiar (and consistent) problem with every iFDG A318, 319 and 320 I've downloaded to date. I can only climb to the lower FL 200s before the aircraft experiences rapid speed loss, and I can never climb above flight level 240 to 260 without outright stalling. I've also tried climbing at a relatively lower rate as I climb (about 1000 ft /min starting around FL 180) and even that doesn't help any.

I essentially gave up a while back and blacklisted the iFDG 318/319/320s from my simulator due to this issue and the resulting habit of deleting all of them when they didn't work out, but I came across one just the other day that is too good to pass up regardless of the issue so now I'm only doing regional flights where a lower altitude cruise is feasible. I guess I could also do the longer range missions if I really wanted to but it would be relatively unrealistic to cruise so low for longer 319 flights.

Interestingly enough the iFDG A321s do not have this problem at all.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and what I could do to address it?
    Last edited by Cuervo Gringo; 07-25-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

yes i have a similar problem there is a way to work around it however in the aircraft file modify the parasite drag to 0.6 and increase the turbine engine field to 1.1 while not realistic it will allow you to get above fl 250

@Cuervo Gringo

I have the same problem and also my a321 is working well as the only airbus i can use
    I am still searching for an answer
    Did the last answer worked out for you or is it still unable to climb to 35000 ft as a cruise alt ?

Default A318 FS2002 airfile set.

I have a set of .air files (aircraft.cfg & *.air) for the iFDG A318 that I have tested (see screenshot below). I would be happy to post them to this thread, but I can't seem to get a zip file to upload anymore?? Let me know if there is a way to put a zip file on the thread, it is about 12.1 kb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A318.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	133530  

I released the revised FDE files into the library today. If anyone is interested, I also have a set of files for fs2004?

Even though it looks like I am a newer member, I have actually been around since the late 1990s (original member name was biguglyguy) and I have done flight dynamics for aircraft with many thousands of downloads.
    Bob Boudoin