Thread: REQ "Con Air's" Lerner Airfield AKA Wendover AFB (ret'd)

1. Default REQ "Con Air's" Lerner Airfield AKA Wendover AFB (ret'd)

Heres a fun airport to try someday soon. Seen for only a few minutes in the movie. Would be fun to fly the c-123 past its deserted tower as seen in the movie. Id like to see it as it was in the movie, very deserted but you can, if you must, create one that has it as it may bave been when it was an AFB kind of thing.

I dont have any personal images of wendover but there are tons on a.net i think...and there is an article of KENV.

There is no rush on it, but have it to me by 3535 if you want. Just putting out the message that i would like to see the airfield(s) made. Ill try to see where else or what airport "jailbird flew"!!

anyways good luck and i hope to see it made by 2025 or so.

Actually, KENV is still a functioning airport, although a lot of the orginal AAF structure are still hanging around and not used, such as the tower and the Hangars for the Enola Gay and others of the 509th Composite.

I do have a "modern" KENV that I've done, as if KENV was still an Air Force base in the mid 50's, and us it for my B-36's, 50's, etc. I am doing the surrounding scenery (such as igloo's, bomb loading pits, etc) as of the mide 1940's, so it could be back dated once I'm done.

Jack W

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skir4d View Post
    Actually, KENV is still a functioning airport, although a lot of the orginal AAF structure are still hanging around and not used, such as the tower and the Hangars for the Enola Gay and others of the 509th Composite.

I do have a "modern" KENV that I've done, as if KENV was still an Air Force base in the mid 50's, and us it for my B-36's, 50's, etc. I am doing the surrounding scenery (such as igloo's, bomb loading pits, etc) as of the mide 1940's, so it could be back dated once I'm done.

Jack W
    Did you ever finish your KENV for either 50's or even better 40's? I am currently just starting to put together the 461st BG B-24 Liberaiders in FSX and would sure love a copy if you would share it.