Thread: TFS Model air file

1. Default TFS Model air file

my TFS model such as A300,A330, A340,772, 773 doesnt show up, but when i change with the opensky air file its become show up but its so dificult to control, anyone can help me why my TFS model doesnt show up,i have FS9 instaled on win7, thanks alot

You may get a quicker response if you post your question in the FS2004 forum rather than this one.

It would also help if you provided a complete name (???????.zip) of one of the aircraft which is problematic so one of us can check it out.

If memory serves, most, if not all, Fruit Stand aircraft are AI only aircraft - they are not intended to be flown by users.

If that is correct, the air file would have a line in it which causes it not to display and the one you replaced it with has the line set so it will display.

It has been awhile since I downloaded any Fruit stand aircraft but if memory serves they seldom if ever include a panel as panels are not needed in AI craft.
    Last edited by opaplano; 05-15-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    David "Opa" Marshall

3. Default

the file is tfs346.zip, but almost all of the TFS Model doesnt show up in my FS9,i like use it cause the model can fast load than opensky,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by didokcool View Post
    the file is tfs346.zip, but almost all of the TFS Model doesnt show up in my FS9,i like use it cause the model can fast load than opensky,thanks
    I just checked it out - this is indeed a package intended for AI use only.

quoting their documentation:

"----S P E C I A L N O T E----
    This is an AI aircraft and will NOT BE VISIBLE in the aircraft selection window in flight simulator.
    This is an AI aircraft and we will NOT give any support for using it as an UI aircraft."

There is no Sound or Panel folder - as neither is required when used as an AI craft.

It is not visible because line 105 in the air file is set to 2 - that makes it not display on the aircraft selection menu.

You can use the free AirEd utility (it is in the library) and edit that line so it reads 105 Aircraft Type=0 (zero) to make it display.

Be aware that the Flight Dynamics of any AI craft may make it somewhat difficult to fly - and that is one reason the authors do not support that use of their aircraft.

When you substutute the Opensky air file you are using an air file which has line 105 set to zero so that is why it displays for you.

Hope that helps.
    David "Opa" Marshall

5. Default

thanks opa,may I have another question?Ifdg and project airbus isnt AI plane?can I fly with this aircraft?

thanks opa,may I have another question?Ifdg and project airbus isnt AI plane?can I fly with this aircraft?
    Unless an aircraft is specifically listed as being for AI ONLY, then you should be able to download, install and fly almost everything else.

Be sure to read the file descriptions carefully so that you are getting a complete model and not just a "repaint" which has to be added to a model you have installed or a model which you need to obtain. Also be sure what you are downloading is designed for the version of FS which you are running (i.e. FS2004 or FSX etc.)

Hope that clears things up a bit.
    David "Opa" Marshall

7. Default

if I subtitute Aircraft.cfg and airfile from opensky, can I still use the TFS Model, is there any diferent between opensky model and TFS model?

if I subtitute Aircraft.cfg and airfile from opensky, can I still use the TFS Model, is there any diferent between opensky model and TFS model?
    I think you would just be wasting your time - but you can always experiment. The flight dynamics will likely be very problematic.

My advice is to stop trying to get an AI Only aircraft to work as a user aircraft and find suitable flyable aircraft.
    Last edited by opaplano; 05-18-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    David "Opa" Marshall

9. Default

Hey! can someone tell me a place where I can download TFS dash 8 300? cause I found only textures not the base model..