Thread: F-16 fighting falcon

1. Default F-16 fighting falcon

i love it
    great plane but i cant land
    its always the same to slow or to high
    who helps me

AOA is the answer.
    Angle of Attack.

Practise, practise, practise. You will find that when you can do a good approach, the landing is much easier. I normally take off, and get the aircraft up to around 4-5000 feet, 200 knots, put the gear out and full flap, reduce the speed to 150 knots, rate of descent should be 750 fpm. Now the aircraft is in the landing configuration. The pitch attitude may be about 10 degrees. Pause the simulator, slew the aircraft to 3000 feet above aerodrome level at 10 miles, pause the simulator again, unslew, then save the flight with a name like "F-16 landing practice". Now I can return to this position over and over again and practise my approaches. Control the speed carefully. If I start to get too high, I lower the nose by 1 or 2 degrees. This will increase the rate of descent, and the speed may begin to increase, so reduce power a little to control the speed. If I get low, I raise the nose by 1-2 degrees, the speed may start to decrease, so I increase power to control the speed. When you get good at this, you will be able to fly the aircraft all the way to the runway. When you get close to the runway, extend the speedbrakes "/" and let the speed reduce to 130 knots. control this with power. You may need to increase power. When you arrive at the runway, just before you land, close the throttle completely and fly onto the ground. You only need to raise the nose a small amount to land, 2-3 degrees should be enough. Good luck!

Default F-16 Approach and Landing

Practise, practise, practise. You will find that when you can do a good approach, the landing is much easier. I normally take off, and get the aircraft up to around 4-5000 feet, 200 knots, put the gear out and full flap, reduce the speed to 150 knots, rate of descent should be 750 fpm. Now the aircraft is in the landing configuration. The pitch attitude may be about 10 degrees. Pause the simulator, slew the aircraft to 3000 feet above aerodrome level at 10 miles, pause the simulator again, unslew, then save the flight with a name like "F-16 landing practice". Now I can return to this position over and over again and practise my approaches. Control the speed carefully. If I start to get too high, I lower the nose by 1 or 2 degrees. This will increase the rate of descent, and the speed may begin to increase, so reduce power a little to control the speed. If I get low, I raise the nose by 1-2 degrees, the speed may start to decrease, so I increase power to control the speed. When you get good at this, you will be able to fly the aircraft all the way to the runway. When you get close to the runway, extend the speedbrakes "/" and let the speed reduce to 130 knots. control this with power. You may need to increase power. When you arrive at the runway, just before you land, close the throttle completely and fly onto the ground. You only need to raise the nose a small amount to land, 2-3 degrees should be enough. Good luck!

5. Default

I do a lot of FreeFalcon, so this applies to that sim.

1. Set up a good approach.

2. Use airbrakes to get to about 220kts.

3. Lower gear and keep air brakes open.

4. At the bottom of the HUD, there will be a "[". The top of this needs to be on the threshold.

5. At the top of the HUD, there is a "+". This is where the nose is pointing. It needs to be about 5~10 degrees.

Now, use the throttle to get the FPM to the top of the "[". Keep the nose up and use the throttle to adjust the FPM. If you have the "+" at 8 degrees and the FPM and "[" on the threshold, you shouldn't need to worry about airspeed. It should all just click into place. If the FPM is at the top of the "[", you'll have about 160kts; at the bottom, maybe 140kts.

After landing, I like to keep the nose up until I bleed off extra airspeed. At maybe 120kts, I'll bring the nose wheel down and feather the brakes. At about 80kts, I'll stand on the brakes until I'm at my taxiway.

Quote Originally Posted by martijn9m View Post
    i love it
    great plane but i cant land
    its always the same to slow or to high
    who helps me
    martijn9m, I hope I'm not too late replying to your query, I also hope you have not given up flying the F-16 yet.
    Go to this site, It tells you how to land the F-16, It really helped me with the Falcon4, the Aerosoft and the Iris F-16D.
    Let me know if it helps you

http://www.87th.org/modules.php?name...ticle&artid=22

Cuco
    San Juan, PR

Jordon2 Guest

You will appear throughout that whenever you can perform a superb approach, the landing is a good offer easier. I generally hold off, and obtain the jet as a good offer as near to 4-5000 feet, 200 knots, positioned the apparel out and complete flap, reduce the pace to 150 knots, pace of descent must acquire 750 fpm. Now the jet is using the landing configuration. The pitch attitude may possibly be about 10 degrees. Pause the simulator, slew the jet to 3000 ft above aerodrome level at 10 miles, pause the simulator again, unslew, then spend less the airline getting a brand like "F-16 landing practice". Now I can return to this location much more than and much more than once again and practise my approaches. control the pace carefully. If I start to acquire as well high, I decrease the nose by one or two degrees. this could enhance the pace of descent, as well as the pace may possibly start to increase, so reduce energy only a little to control the speed. If I get low, I enhance the nose by 1-2 degrees, the pace may possibly start to decrease, so I increase energy to control the speed. whenever you have great at this, you is on the way to possess the ability to fly the jet all the way in which in the direction of the runway.