Thread: C-47 Problem

1. Default C-47 Problem

I downloaded the c47basepack.zip from https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=154056 but when I load the it aircraft appears transparent or completely black with no texture or shading.

This is probably a stupid question but I couldn't find anything using the search so I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
    Last edited by DodoDuck; 05-15-2011 at 03:59 PM.

2. Default

Anyone?

Give it some time for peeps to reply. This is not a live support forum and people do other things during the day. Also, provide your system specs to get appropriate help

I myself think this problem might be related to textures being corrupted or missing..

I just downloaded the package amd installed it - no issues with the display as you can see from the screenshot.

This is on a FSX setup with Sp1 and Sp2 (No Acceleration) installed on an XP Operating System.

It would be very helpful if you would provide info regarding your setup - such as your FSX details and what Operating System you are using.

If your system supports DX10 preview, try turning it off and you can also try turning off "aircraft cast shadows".

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_127.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	99060  
    David "Opa" Marshall

5. Default

make sure you installed the texture folders (C47Basepack/Douglas_C-47/texture.RAF_KK138/ AND C47Basepack/Douglas_C-47/texture.USAF_15619/) correctly. should be in the folder /siobjects/aircraft/Douglas_C-47 I think.
    Dragy

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    make sure you installed the texture folders (C47Basepack/Douglas_C-47/texture.RAF_KK138/ AND C47Basepack/Douglas_C-47/texture.USAF_15619/) correctly. should be in the folder /siobjects/aircraft/Douglas_C-47 I think.
    Dragy
    There is nothing "special" that has to be done with the textures.

The baspack package is properly contructed so all one has to do (after unzipping it to a temporary folder) is to place a copy of the folder named Douglas_C-47 into their SimObjects/Airplanes folder.
    David "Opa" Marshall

7. Default

thought missing textures might cause his problem, only trying to help, c you later, Dragy

8. Default

Just found out I didn't have service pack 1 & 2 installed and that was causing the problem. It works great now.

Thanks for your help anyway.