Thread: Sound file error?

Default Sound file error?

I recently downloaded an aircraft package which included the textures, panel and sounds, however I cannot seem to get the sounds to work properly. When I fet the sounds to work, the system CTD's when I select some of the buttom or switches and I get the following message:
    Creation failed - check if sound file is available.

The download is: WSP.SGAMD83.28Liveries.zip for FS2004. I followed the install instructions and retried several times. I've had to edit cfg files in the past so I know a little about that, but this one puzzles me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Not sure what topic to post this one in?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carterr View Post
    I recently downloaded an aircraft package which included the textures, panel and sounds, however I cannot seem to get the sounds to work properly. When I fet the sounds to work, the system CTD's when I select some of the buttom or switches and I get the following message:
    Creation failed - check if sound file is available.

The download is: WSP.SGAMD83.28Liveries.zip for FS2004. I followed the install instructions and retried several times. I've had to edit cfg files in the past so I know a little about that, but this one puzzles me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Not sure what topic to post this one in?
    Thanks
    I cannot find any file by that name (WSP.SGAMD83.28Liveries.zip) - a typo perhaps? How about providing a link to the file in question.

Also, what are your system specifications and which Operating System are you using?
    David "Opa" Marshall

I finally located the package in question here:

http://www.wspilots.com/index.php/do...spcompilations

I unzipped it to a temporary folder and then manually moved items where they should go.

In is very important that the "content" (28 files) of the folder named Sound be copied into your default FS2004 Sound folder (not the Sound folder of the aircraft). I was able to recreate the error message by not having those files installed in my Sound folder.

I also placed a copy of the folder named panel.MD83 into the SGA MD83 folder and edited all the variations so the panel= line now reads panel=MD83

It all seems to work properly for me.
    David "Opa" Marshall

I appreciate your assistance. I was finally able to resolve the issue after I posted the question. I took it for granted that the readme file was correct and the files would post automatically where they are needed. You are correct, the sound folder is the key. Thanks

OK, as posted earlier the sound files are working properly, however, I am looking for a procedures checklist for this program. Is there one? Primarily for systems and engine start procedures. It's been such a long time since using this that I cannot remember the procedure.
    Thanks in advance.