Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help fs2004 fps help help help help help help help help

Default Help fs2004 fps help help help help help help help help

hey,
    guys this is since the last time reinstalled my os. my fs2004 used to work perfectly
    and now all of a sudden , my frames started cracking and is reaally slow and help would be greatfulllll.

Hi,

Can you provide some more details ?

After reinstalling your OS did you properly reinstall FS2004 ?

After reinstalling FS2004 did you run the FS9.1 Update (if neccesary - later editions of the CDs came with the 9.1 Update incorporated.)

Are you using any add-ons, and if so, have you defragmented your disk after they were added ?

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Hi,
    I would uninstall 2004 then go into program files / Microsoft games/ fs9 and remove the folders the the uninstall has left behind. Then reinstall 2004 , then install the update patch and nothing else ( no addons) and then run 2004 and see if that makes things better , if not, then you could check your ram sticks are all in and not loose and also check your hard drive is running fast enough. But i think a new complete reinstall of 2004 will have it up and running OK.

Hello,

then you could check your ram sticks are all in and not loose
    They must be good as the OP PC start

also check your hard drive is running fast enough
    ?

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

have you tweaked your OS setup? many times they install an a/v program that is setup in a way that it will hog system resources, and also they will have many services which you don't need turned on after the install. as others said, need more info.
    - bernie
    p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Avechelice View Post
    Hello,

They must be good as the OP PC start

?

Regards.
    If you have more than one stick of ram and one is not connected in the slot right then it will slow your flight sim down and your OS will still fire up .

Also if your hard drive is getting old some times ( rarely i admit ) it can start to run slow , this also will slow down flight sim.

Hello,

If you have more than one stick of ram and one is not connected in the slot right then it will slow your flight sim down and your OS will still fire up
    I learn everyday ... something different.
    not loose
    Building myself some PC along the years I know if a memory stick is not correctly inserted (independent of the number of sticks you use) .. you will not go more far than the start of the bio and have an black screen and some bip alarm sounds ..
    It's at last .. my experience ..
    Also ...never heard about a disk speed slowing ... (unless suffering of a low voltage due to a deficient power box)
    also check your hard drive is running fast enough
    And how you check this ?
    Anyways .. all this must be not in relation with the OP problems IMHO

Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 03-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

i did try and reinstall fs2004 but did not work . I am sure there were no hardware and os tweaks when i reinstalled my os

enginotrom,
    We STILL don't know what OS you have. SPECS PLEASE? Un-Install of FS2004 leaves files in C:\..\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9 folder. Did you delete those (or rename folder as form of backup)? Get the FS9 'uninstall/re-install' guide from Opa Marshall. Link: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=124681 . USE SOME SCIENCE (ie: read up on subject involved) and not guesses.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

sorry my computer is an asus eee pc with

intel atom
    CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
    798 MHz 0.99 GB of RAM
    WINDOWS XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast