Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a release date for Microsoft Flight?? and is it a "Real Flight Simulator?"

Cool Is there a release date for Microsoft Flight?? and is it a "Real Flight Simulator?"

Hey everyone I was just wondering if or when Microsoft Flight migh come out, and if its even geared towards "Real Flight Simulating" or is it just a stupid game Microsoft is making now?

I am asking this because I am up- grading my Computer, and buying REX, UTX for Flight Simulator X, and making my own "Home-Made Cockpit" because I will soon be going to get my Real life Private Pilot License, and go up from there to become a Real work pilot as my career

If anyone has suggestion please comment I fairly new to all this Flight Simulator Stuff

Thanks

All there is to know about MF is located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/
    David "Opa" Marshall

Truth is, David is exactly right, all the info is on Microsoft's site. No one really knows how powerful a system you will need or when it will be released. We can speculate til the cows come home but in the end, it's all just guesses. We can HOPE for a lot out of it and we may be pleasantly surprised but for now, all we can do is wait.

phxflyboy
    i5-2500K OC'd to 4.7GHz and Liq Cooled, 16 GB RAM
    470GTX SC GPU to TripleHead2Go w/3 19" HannsG digital monitors
    Saitek Pro Yoke, Pedals, and panels/Saitek X45/Logitech G15 keyboard
    Windows 7 Home Premium

But my question is simple: Will Flight be BETTER than FSX? With Ultimate Terrain X, REX, GEX, ASE, and other expensive addons like the scenery from ORBX, FSX rocks! Please make Flight able to absorb these wonderful additions.

Stan

Again, no one really knows yet but I, too, have my fingers crossed that the "base" version without add-ons will be as good as FSX with all our favorites, i.e. GEX, UTX, REX, etc. If not, we can always go back to FSX!

My biggest hope is that Flight will be more "system-dependent" than "processor-dependent" like FSX is. I think it would run much smoother without all the necessary tweaks if it relied more on the entire system, especially considering the advancements in GPU's and multi-core processing, even since FSX was released.

phxflyboy
    i5-2500K OC'd to 4.7GHz and Liq Cooled, 16 GB RAM
    470GTX SC GPU to TripleHead2Go w/3 19" HannsG digital monitors
    Saitek Pro Yoke, Pedals, and panels/Saitek X45/Logitech G15 keyboard
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Blog Entries

One must remember that FSX was developed just B4 the dual core processor, and is still using some legacy programme . With MSF,they now have a new base to work from , and some experience with multi threading, dx 11 etc so hopefully it will run better. Fact is FSX cannot really take advantage of the latest tecnology, except maybe processor speed and fast video cards.
    Intel [email protected] 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deanjin1 View Post
    Hey everyone I was just wondering if or

when Microsoft Flight migh come out, and if its even geared towards "Real Flight Simulating" or is it just a stupid game Microsoft is making now?

I am asking this because I am up- grading my Computer, and buying REX, UTX for Flight Simulator X, and making my own "Home-Made Cockpit" because I will soon be going to get my Real life Private Pilot License, and go up from there to become a Real work pilot as my career

If anyone has suggestion please comment I fairly new to all this Flight Simulator Stuff

Thanks

1.No
    2.Hopefully

8. Default

With more and more topics coming up about MS Flight!, is there any chance of a new forum for it for people to go and speculate and whatnot up until it gets released? Just a thought, as I seem to be seeing more and more Flight! topics lately. :P

-George
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch, Multi-Panel, and BIP, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Hi,

When the time is right we will have that forum ready!

If you want more information on flight, there has been two articles in the last two issues of pc pilot with screen shots that are not on the flight website and they do talk a little about the poor performance of fsx and what they are trying to do with flight but they dont go in to to many details on that.

Issue 72 and 73 cover the flight interviews and i must say the screen shots in them.. they are great the quality of the airports, water and ground textures are pretty much on level with payware fsx stuff. But lets hope they have that quality all over the world and not just in a few locations.
    -Paul-
    i5 3750 @ 4.2ghz, GTX470 @ 1920x1080 - Asus P8Z77-V - 8gig ddr3 @ 1600mhz
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - FSX and Prepar3d

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast