Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: //IS SADDAM REALLY BAD OR JUST ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF A BAD UPBRINGING AND PARENTAL ABUSE\\

Default //IS SADDAM REALLY BAD OR JUST ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF A BAD UPBRINGING AND PARENTAL ABUSE\\

Are we misjudging poor old Mr. Hussein? I recently heard on the B.B.C. a program which stated that we must try to understand that Saddam is really just a scared little boy. Apparently he was the product of a very poor upbringing by an uncaring, bullying and violent father who did not want this future prodigy to have a good education.

Saddam apparently ran off to live with a more liberal and farseeing uncle who took him under his wing and assisted him in becoming the caring despot that he is.

The question is whether it would be more appropriate to send in a team of U.N. counselors who specialize in childhood abuse rather than concentrating on the more mundane facets of his personality such as his immature attitude to the collection of some nasty toys.

We all know that boys love to play with guns, small nukes and chemical and biological weapons. Is the problem that unlike American kids who all know the difference between weird computer games and real street violence and never mix the two up, he is just confused and needs to be steered in the right direction by some well meaning, caring U.N. therapist or should we just kill the Pr**k.

Your ideas please.

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

Default //IS SADDAM REALLY BAD OR JUST ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF A BAD UPBRINGING AND PARENTAL ABUSE\\

Are we misjudging poor old Mr. Hussein? I recently heard on the B.B.C. a program which stated that we must try to understand that Saddam is really just a scared little boy. Apparently he was the product of a very poor upbringing by an uncaring, bullying and violent father who did not want this future prodigy to have a good education.

Saddam apparently ran off to live with a more liberal and farseeing uncle who took him under his wing and assisted him in becoming the caring despot that he is.

The question is whether it would be more appropriate to send in a team of U.N. counselors who specialize in childhood abuse rather than concentrating on the more mundane facets of his personality such as his immature attitude to the collection of some nasty toys.

We all know that boys love to play with guns, small nukes and chemical and biological weapons. Is the problem that unlike American kids who all know the difference between weird computer games and real street violence and never mix the two up, he is just confused and needs to be steered in the right direction by some well meaning, caring U.N. therapist or should we just kill the Pr**k.

Your ideas please.

Default RE: //IS SADDAM REALLY BAD OR JUST ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF A BAD UPBRINGING AND PARENTAL ABUSE\\

You are probably right. I think he has been cooped up in that country too long and all he needs is a good vacation somewhere.
    I know, let’s all chip in and send him on a 30 day cycling tour of chernobyl
    He should be positively “glowing” when he gets back.

Default RE: //IS SADDAM REALLY BAD OR JUST ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE VICTIM OF A BAD UPBRINGING AND PARENTAL ABUSE\\

You are probably right. I think he has been cooped up in that country too long and all he needs is a good vacation somewhere.
    I know, let’s all chip in and send him on a 30 day cycling tour of chernobyl
    He should be positively “glowing” when he gets back.

mikeymcc Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-02 AT 06:11AM (EST)[/font][p]Cookie,

As usual without revealing my geopolitical position ...

Under the USA legal system (and I presume everywhere that English law has been introduced), the prosecution is not REQUIRED to produce evidence of motive, though it is free to do so.

Thus it can reasonably be held, as you appear to be doing, that it doesn't matter what's behind Hussein's current position, all that should be at issue are the facts of the CURRENT situation.

=================

Thanks for starting a new thread. The other, where I have been lurking, had begun to paralyze my small XP machine.

Mike McCarthy

mikeymcc Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-02 AT 06:11AM (EST)[/font][p]Cookie,

As usual without revealing my geopolitical position ...

Under the USA legal system (and I presume everywhere that English law has been introduced), the prosecution is not REQUIRED to produce evidence of motive, though it is free to do so.

Thus it can reasonably be held, as you appear to be doing, that it doesn't matter what's behind Hussein's current position, all that should be at issue are the facts of the CURRENT situation.

=================

Thanks for starting a new thread. The other, where I have been lurking, had begun to paralyze my small XP machine.

Mike McCarthy

Mike, This forum is descending into the depths of intellectual boredom. Let us please inject some humor albeit with some careful analysis of the alleged situation and forthwith create some vicious debate of the kind that does not exist in the arena of our enemies.

Mike, This forum is descending into the depths of intellectual boredom. Let us please inject some humor albeit with some careful analysis of the alleged situation and forthwith create some vicious debate of the kind that does not exist in the arena of our enemies.

mikeymcc Guest

OK ... I hope you haven't heard this one, which is completely off-topic -- do you mind that? (It's your thread.)

Mike McCarthy

mikeymcc Guest

OK ... I hope you haven't heard this one, which is completely off-topic -- do you mind that? (It's your thread.)

Mike McCarthy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast