Thread: Forums Being Flooded with "Proflight this, and Proflight that..." Form of Spam?

Default Forums Being Flooded with "Proflight this, and Proflight that..." Form of Spam?

Hey all,

I have to bring up some concerns that have been bugging me the past few days.

We notice lately there is a lot of discussions, and many posts recently on Proflight.

I have to ask this, is this a way for the "Developer" to get in to the forums and ask about Proflight, and flood us with it? Doesn't it seem a bit odd all of a sudden this new sim comes out and we are bombarded with posts about it?

Smells like a scam to me, if you want mho. Flooding forums to get expoure is not a good idea...

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

I see one post from Sunday, none from Friday, none from Saturday, and none from today. And I see none that have been deleted, moved or closed. Can you point to any 5 threads in the last 4 days? And Proflight is not really a new sim for those in the know.

Please post those 5 threads and I'll be glad to take a look.

...Flooding forums to get expoure is not a good idea...
    C'mon John, Do you actually think that Dan Freeman gives a hoot what we think? The snake is using the GNU non-license as a protection.

I myself, welcome any and all threads concerning Proflight! Then I can respond and let the poor sap know he got ripped, or even better, prevent someone from throwing their hard earned money away.
    Once they realize they have been, or almost been, taken to the cleaners, they will let others know in no uncertain terms what they think.
    The best thing we can do is keep getting the facts out and, for us, the best way I can think of doing that, is responding to those threads.

Though so far, Mr. Freeman has not been pursued with successful legal action, IMO the positive outcome has to happen soon.
    It would be great if some awesomely wealthy person, or persons, would step up to the plate and smack a landmark legal suit out of the park...Don

Well, I agree with what you're saying Don - the posts are good to get the word out, so as not to let anyone think it's anything "New" per say. It's true that it is a GNU license, sadly, giving people permission to do as such, but there has to be some loop hole.

Jim, it's in my reference to it must be Sunday's post....I'll keep an eye out though and see if any more come into plate. Though I know in the past, people have said they had no relations to "Proflight" it makes you kind of wonder. Thanks for noticing this though Jim, and I'll keep any posts on record here if any should come up....

But like Don says, maybe it's a good thing so people don't get themselves ripped off the truly rediculous amount they want for someone elses work...

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+
    Last edited by Ragtopjohnny; 01-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    C'mon John, Do you actually think that Dan Freeman gives a hoot what we think? The snake is using the GNU non-license as a protection.

I myself, welcome any and all threads concerning Proflight! Then I can respond and let the poor sap know he got ripped, or even better, prevent someone from throwing their hard earned money away.
    Once they realize they have been, or almost been, taken to the cleaners, they will let others know in no uncertain terms what they think.
    The best thing we can do is keep getting the facts out and, for us, the best way I can think of doing that, is responding to those threads.

Though so far, Mr. Freeman has not been pursued with successful legal action, IMO the positive outcome has to happen soon.
    It would be great if some awesomely wealthy person, or persons, would step up to the plate and smack a landmark legal suit out of the park...Don
    Well, I should say, after reading what you guys had to say about ProFlight I changed my mind about it. I had the program all downloaded and ready to install and I deleted it. First of all, after seeing some still photos of the flightsim, they were not appealing to me. The way they spoke about it I thought it was so much better than FS2004 but I was mistaking.
    Thanks to you good folks and this site.

No prob mag - I still say it's a form of clever advertising on their part.....

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+