Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gauge Bitmap Goldmine

Hi. Inkscape works! You can click on an element such as a pointer and copy it and move it out and save it or delete it altogether. Pretty neat! Bob.

2. Default

If you don't have it, get it!!! Simply THE best add on for FS that you can invest in. Quick, easy redesign of panel guage changes / sizes / locations, as well as editing instrument graphics, or creating you own guages by using others as a starting point. I have used the FS2002 / FS2004 / FSX versions for abot 8 years now - I would gladly pay double their asking price.

Dragging up this old topic but curious, does the program allow for a gauge to be used on a separate, 2nd pc, like for dedicated display use?

FS Panel Studio? It is a graphical editor for FS panel.cfg Use it for creating or modifying an existing panel.
    You can create a "New Window" with a single gauge, or multiples, that can be dragged onto a seperate monitor on one PC.
    I don't know if there is a way to network panels to a 2nd PC. Some type of simconnect arraingement maybe...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)
    Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    While searching for Weather RADAR instrument pictures I came to be at the "Bendix-King by Honeywell" website: https://www.apexedge....com/index.html
    Can someone confirm that this link still works? I just tried to check it out and, after some hassles with Firefox complaining about invalid certificates, I ended up at an "invalid license key" page.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Can someone confirm that this link still works? I just tried to check it out and, after some hassles with Firefox complaining about invalid certificates, I ended up at an "invalid license key" page.
    It works if you don't include "index.html" at the end of the address - www.apexedgeseries.com,

However, that URL redirects you do http://www.bendixking.com/ and I didn't see anything that referenced gauges as in the original post.

7. Default

Thanks for that reply. I did a bit of googling and found this. The manual can be downloaded, but the links to the actual code for any of the three systems listed don't work.

Don, is that in fact the same package you found?

That is the same package as far as I can tell. There never was any "code" provided. The only bits of interest were (are) the bitmaps used, which provide good templates for actually building one's own gauge(s).
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2