Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal for Saitek Throttle Quadrant?

Default Is this normal for Saitek Throttle Quadrant?

Does anyone who has the extra PRO FLIGHT THROTTLE QUADRANT have this same description in the properties or calibration area of FSX?

When in the Saitek control panel it looks normal. See first picture.

When in FSX Properties Calibration it looks like this. See second picture. Instead of 3 colored bars it shows the first two quadrants as X & Y in a box.

When accessing my PRO FLIGHT YOKE in FSX it looks norma. See third picture.

Seems to work OK but I can't help but think somethings wrong with it.

MitchName:  Saitek Throttle Quadrants Control Panel.jpg
Views: 6225
Size:  53.4 KBName:  Throttle Quadrants Properties.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  73.1 KBName:  Flight Yoke Properties Window.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  92.3 KB
    I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

They all appear to be providing the same information. Mine is the basic X52 and I have an all-in-one which includes tests for the yoke axes, throttle and rotation axes and buttons.

Both of my quadrents look like your first pic.i do NOT have the yoke,so not sure if that will affect it. I would say for some reason FSX thinks it is a joystick. No idea how you would fix that.
    Hope someone else can answer that, I would like to know myself.
    Good Luck
    Bruce

Don't think it's a problem. The only thing is that if you use the standard windows drivers and calibrate it asks you to center the joystick and press a button, but of course there isn't any way to find the exact center with the throttle levers.

scott s.

Both of my quadrents look like your first pic.i do NOT have the yoke,so not sure if that will affect it.
    Bruce, do you have two Saitek Throttle Quadrants?

Mitch
    I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Yes I have two quadrants, but not the yoke.One of your quadrents plugs into the yoke correct?

Bruce

Yes it does. I have tried plugging into the computer instead with the same results.

Mitch

you might be able to fix it by deleteing the usb devices in the device manager but you might just make it much worse. If it is working you are most likely best to leave it alone.

Bruce

I don't see a problem.
    Both pictures are displaying the same data in different layouts, that's all.
    Likely the first window was coded by Saitek.

Now I do seem to be having issues. Maybe it's just that the Saitek unit is going bad. Sometimes when taking off at full throttle when I try to cut the throttle back down to zero it only goes down to 50%. In the properties window it appears to be moving fully. Also, in flying the "Oil Rig" helicoptor mission the throttle quadrants are only controlling the pitch stick. I've gone in and out of it several times with the same results.

Mitch

(Edit)
    Correction: I was mistaken, in the properties in the second picture above, I am only getting half the travel distance on the quadrants. It's also not just one lever but two as I have the first two set up for twin engines.
    Last edited by Goatman24; 12-24-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Mistake made in original post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast