Thread: EZ Scenery object placement problem

Default EZ Scenery object placement problem

I downloaded EZ-Nim.zip for FS2004 from this site . When I attempt to place it using EZ Scenery , the Carrier shows up OK , but it's in pieces , not as a whole object .

This one has me stumped . I've never had any problems placing objects that I couldn't
    solve untill now .

I hope someone has an idea .

Leon ,

Quote Originally Posted by leonross View Post
    I downloaded EZ-Nim.zip for FS2004 from this site . When I attempt to place it using EZ Scenery , the Carrier shows up OK , but it's in pieces , not as a whole object .

This one has me stumped . I've never had any problems placing objects that I couldn't
    solve untill now .

I hope someone has an idea .

Leon ,
    I just made a few tests with the carriers and as you say, when placing them, they are in pieces.

However they do display properly (for me) after they have been compiled into a bgl file and you restart the sim.

Unfortunately there is no contact info in that package so if you wanted to ask the author (R.A.Baum) about the problem, you would likely have to ask Nels Anderson (the Flightsim owner) if he has an e-mail address for Mr. Baum.

Hope that helps.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Thanks for the quick reply David but I don't understand when you say to compile them into a bgl file . I have a EZ Nimitz.bgl and a text file listing all the different
    carriers .

Could you explain , what you did or how you did it ?

Leon

Thanks for the quick reply David but I don't understand when you say to compile them into a bgl file . I have a EZ Nimitz.bgl and a text file listing all the different
    carriers .

Could you explain , what you did or how you did it ?

Leon
    I just meant that when you actually "add" the carrier to a new scenery file (it creates a bgl with the name you give it) and place that bgl in an active scenery subfolder (just as you always have done) and restart FS2004, that new bgl is indexed and then when you look at the area in question the carriers display properly.

It is only (for me at least) when you are "placing" them with the EZ interface that you see them in pieces.

Hope that makes sense.
    David "Opa" Marshall

I understand now , what you did .

Thanks much David .

Leon

One final note David , what confused me was I have placed other objects that were in pieces untill I rebooted FS . Then they fixed themselves . I thought I did something wrong .

Then too , the title for the file is EZ-nim .zip

Leon

One final note David , what confused me was I have placed other objects that were in pieces untill I rebooted FS . Then they fixed themselves . I thought I did something wrong .

Then too , the title for the file is EZ-nim .zip

Leon
    The Nimitz package is the only one that I have seen which has the "pieces" when placing - at least I do not recall ever seeing that before on any others - and I have used or at least tested virtually all of the EZ style libraries which are available.

Strange.
    David "Opa" Marshall