Thread: ADE9 - Dynamic Scenery

Default ADE9 - Dynamic Scenery

I created some new airports, and changed some stock airports with the Airport Design Editor 9x.

While some airports are crowed with dynamic aircraft - like Stuttgart in Germany (EDDS) - some other airports barely have any dynamic aircraft, or even none. I also found that when I added gates and parking spots to a stock airport, they never get used by dynamic aircraft ... they always remain empty.

Is there an option/setting where I can set the max. number of aircraft on the field at a certain time? Is there an option/setting that the gates and parking spots created by myself also get used by the dynamic aircraft?

Any advice, anyone?

Thanks!

Didi

Quote Originally Posted by AS350D View Post
    I created some new airports, and changed some stock airports with the Airport Design Editor 9x.

While some airports are crowed with dynamic aircraft - like Stuttgart in Germany (EDDS) - some other airports barely have any dynamic aircraft, or even none. I also found that when I added gates and parking spots to a stock airport, they never get used by dynamic aircraft ... they always remain empty.

Is there an option/setting where I can set the max. number of aircraft on the field at a certain time? Is there an option/setting that the gates and parking spots created by myself also get used by the dynamic aircraft?

Any advice, anyone?

Thanks!

Didi
    I assume when you use the term "Dynamic aircraft" you mean what is more commonly referred to as AI traffic.

If so, just adding parking spaces (gates) and tying them to the taxiway/runway system of an airport will not produce traffic.

Traffic files which call for specific aircraft at specific airports at specific time must be created and be active in order for AI traffic to appear.

This is a link to a fine Tutorial covering the "basics" of AI Traffic - by Mike Stanton:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ight&fid=99920

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by opaplano; 10-20-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Thanks again for your help, David!
    Works perfect!

Greetings, Didi