Thread: Addon Scenery BGL file?

1. Default Addon Scenery BGL file?

Hi. when adding scenery to FSX using the Scenery Libary it doesnt work. I go to add area in FSX settings and go to the file i have downloaded but the (AFCAD)BGL file is not visible. So i have to place it into the addon folder my self and it works. But i thought the add scenery was to able you to add it in the list and then you would be able to untick it so you dont have to use it when you dont want to. Ive also down loaded some AI flight plans but these also dont show up in the add scenery.

Thanks..
    Last edited by nelix847; 09-04-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nelix847 View Post
    Hi. when adding scenery to FSX using the Scenery Libary it doesnt work. I go to add area in FSX settings and go to the file i have downloaded but the (AFCAD)BGL file is not visible. So i have to place it into the addon folder my self and it works. But i thought the add scenery was to able you to add it in the list and then you would be able to untick it so you dont have to use it when you dont want to. Ive also down loaded some AI flight plans but these also dont show up in the add scenery.

Thanks..
    Apparently you are confused regardng how the Scenery Library works.

Individual bgls (afcads and/or traffic bgls) can be placed in any active scenery subfolder and they will work. They do not show up as an individual entry in the Scenery Library dialogue.

The only items which will show there are complete scenery additions - ones which have a scenery and usually a texture subfolder.

Example:

My Hometown Airport
    -----scenery
    -----texture

That is a ficticious example of a complete scenery entry which one would activated (added) using the Scenery Library dialogue.

Hope that gives you a better understanding.
    David "Opa" Marshall