Thread: concorde windows problem

1. Default concorde windows problem

i have the concorde model by Eric Buchmann. the windows in the VC are completely black. anyone know how to fix this?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by billymuffin91 View Post
    i have the concorde model by Eric Buchmann. the windows in the VC are completely black. anyone know how to fix this?
    Are you using FSX and that Concorde has been designed for FS-2004? If that is the case, it is a transparency problem.

This problem can be easy or difficult to solve depending on how the model has been structured. Here's how:

1) Download and install a program called DXTBMP (google for it, it is freeware) which you will need to manipulate the bitmap files

2) Look into the texture folder of the Concorde to identify a bitmap file which is used to display the glass. The file should have the word "glass" in the name

3) Open the file with DXTBMP and invert the alpha channel that controls the transparency (there is a specific option for that in the menus of DXTBMP) and then save the file. This should fix the issue

Note #1: if you have the VC black only when raining, then it is another issue. You do not need DXTBMP to fix that, but you can download an utility called vcrainfix (again, google for it, it is freeware) and simply run it. This utility will scan the FSX folders and fix automatically everything.

Note #2: I do not have that aircraft, so I can't be more specific, however chances are that someone else has experienced that problem as well, so you may want to look for a fix with google, as it may well already exist.

Hope this will help,

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Are you using FSX and that Concorde has been designed for FS-2004? If that is the case, it is a transparency problem.

This problem can be easy or difficult to solve depending on how the model has been structured. Here's how:

1) Download and install a program called DXTBMP (google for it, it is freeware) which you will need to manipulate the bitmap files

2) Look into the texture folder of the Concorde to identify a bitmap file which is used to display the glass. The file should have the word "glass" in the name

3) Open the file with DXTBMP and invert the alpha channel that controls the transparency (there is a specific option for that in the menus of DXTBMP) and then save the file. This should fix the issue

Note #1: if you have the VC black only when raining, then it is another issue. You do not need DXTBMP to fix that, but you can download an utility called vcrainfix (again, google for it, it is freeware) and simply run it. This utility will scan the FSX folders and fix automatically everything.

Note #2: I do not have that aircraft, so I can't be more specific, however chances are that someone else has experienced that problem as well, so you may want to look for a fix with google, as it may well already exist.

Hope this will help,

Paolo
    First thing we should know is what FSX he plays ? FSX or ACCELERATION ?
    i dont want to be a party booper here anubis, your fix might work for FSX but not acceleration..believe me. It happened to me too and this same tutorial did not work.
    I've send an email to the guys from that same concorde months ago and they told me they were still looking a fix for ACCELERATION.
    I love that concorde too !
    this issue should only happen with ACCEL.. not FSX because i tried the same plane at that time and cockpit was OK.
    BUT THANKS FOR THAT TUTO ANUBIS ! it might help many others here.

By the way billy, did you download the latest version of that concorde ?
    first one was a manual install now its a setup.exe file.

I think there is also a fix file out there to fix the "not compatible panel" messages every time we load the plane.
    Last edited by lefu; 08-01-2010 at 12:44 AM.

4. Default

I got it to work with Steam version. Used DXTBmp to invert the alpha, apply then save. I'm' guessing you can use the same glass file for all the repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by technophant View Post
    I got it to work with Steam version. Used DXTBmp to invert the alpha, apply then save. I'm' guessing you can use the same glass file for all the repaints.
    Nice that you shared that information, but you are replying to a close to 10-year-old message post!

Oldie but Goody posts - though, I think it's a little bewildering...