Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big boats add-on

Question Big boats add-on

hi !
    Any one out there knows about very good free boats ( big vessels )
    for FSX ? with GPS and autopilot ?

thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    hi !
    Any one out there knows about very good free boats ( big vessels )
    for FSX ? with GPS and autopilot ?

thanks !

Have you checked this site ?

http://fs-shipyards.org
    David "Opa" Marshall

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post

thanku opa ! looks like a good link !

Default Here Too

FSCom library ('here') has a few from Hamaguchi (enter full name for 107 TOTAL files, with a few being ships or boats). Enter 'ships' (416 files) but don't enter 'boats' (you get flying boats). There is 2 of Queen Mary for AI (one in Hong Kong and one in New York area) by Opa. And when you get those big vessels, be sure to look for Erwin Welker's panels for them. Not all ships will work in FSX, but most SHOULD, if you give them a panel (any panel). Like the 28 ft fishing boat (Kevlacat), although for FS9 ('kevcatf9.zip' (with my dynamics update) is here at FSCom), works good in FSX. I just used the default FSX Beaver (get it?) panel and it worked (ie: no gauge issues). You can spend a lot of time searching for ships. Oh, try SurClaro and SimViation, too. Good luck.
    CB
    Napamule
    Last edited by napamule2; 06-29-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add

Smile

I am looking specially for big ships where i can set auto throttle and GPS
    I just got back from a cruise newyork-bermuda and i want to simulate it in FSX.
    I am a little bit concerned about getting any bugs trying many ships from the links above
    thats why i am looking for existing addons that can provide what i am looking.
    but hey ! thanks for those links anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    I am looking specially for big ships where i can set auto throttle and GPS
    I just got back from a cruise newyork-bermuda and i want to simulate it in FSX.
    I am a little bit concerned about getting any bugs trying many ships from the links above
    thats why i am looking for existing addons that can provide what i am looking.
    but hey ! thanks for those links anyways !

Not sure what you mean by "bugs", but I can assure you that FS-Shipyards is a very well repected site and many of use ships of various types which we have found there.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Please allow me to correct the link -

It should be http://www.fs-shipyards.com/

(com not org) There is a difference.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default AP for Ships

Hehe. You want to 'install' AP for a ship (or boat)? You got it already. For any 'aircraft' all you have to do is hit 'Z' (activates Auto Pilot) then do 'Ctrl+H' (Heading hold AT CURRENT HEADING). Done. No need for anything but GPS to confirm course. Want to change course? Hit 'Ctrl+H' to cancel heading hold, make your turn, then hit 'Ctrl+H' again and you are on AP Heading Hold again. Go take a walk on the deck and enjoy your trip. (Use my head).
    CB
    Napamule

Smile

Not sure what you mean by "bugs", but I can assure you that FS-Shipyards is a very well repected site and many of use ships of various types which we have found there.
    Well you know, many times i have added 4 or 5 aircrafts in the sim then i had many different problems; after installing or uninstalling addons, but i cant remember what it was because it happened to me about 7 to 8 times since 2006.
    thats why i was not sure about trying many boats in the sim looking for the one i prefer.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    Hehe. You want to 'install' AP for a ship (or boat)? You got it already. For any 'aircraft' all you have to do is hit 'Z' (activates Auto Pilot) then do 'Ctrl+H' (Heading hold AT CURRENT HEADING). Done. No need for anything but GPS to confirm course. Want to change course? Hit 'Ctrl+H' to cancel heading hold, make your turn, then hit 'Ctrl+H' again and you are on AP Heading Hold again. Go take a walk on the deck and enjoy your trip. (Use my head).
    CB
    Napamule
    yeah its correct, i tryed the quen mary 2 and freedom of the seas.
    a little surprise when i put full engines on the freedom..it went "PLOUF".
    So i am running it between 25 and 30 knots.
    I travelled in the norwegian dawn ( never found the boat for FS on the net )
    throttle was 12 knts during the day and 27 during the night..had a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast