Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: FSX FPS question

  1. #1

    Default FSX FPS question

    Hey all I have a:

    Dell XPS 8100
    core i7 CPU 860 2.8 GHz
    4GB Ram
    nVidia G310 512mb

    running windows 7 home

    I have the graphics
    auto-gen scenery complexity is at: extremely dense
    auto-gen density: dense
    water effects at highest
    terrain stuff
    10m mesh
    15cm resolution

    weather stuff all the way down.

    traffic all the way down.

    and my max frame rate is in between 13-17 in not very populated areas.

    whats wrong?! shouldn't I get at least in the mid 20s?

  2. #2

    Default

    Add-Ons????

  3. #3

    Default

    try putting the scenery complexity & autogen @ dense and water effects @ high x1. those 3 are FPS hogs and should be turned down first if you have FPS problems, or at least as far as im concerned.

  4. #4

    Default

    FSx can be a pain to tweak..before we get there...where have you tested it? Big city like New York or a some isolated place? What weather conditions?

    I have a lower system than yours and still manage great fps with great quality using all the major addons.

    Proof: doesnt show fps but was getting locked 21.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Your graphics card is the lowest of the current generation, it's not a gaming card. Get something better like a 9800 GTX + or ATI 5770.

    Mike
    Intel Core i5 3570K - NZXT Havik 140 - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 16GB DDR3 2133 G.Skill Ares CL9 - Sapphire AMD 7970 3GB @ 1100/1500MHz - SanDisk Extreme 240GB - Samsung F1 750GB - Samsung F3 2TB - SilverStone FT02 - SilverStone Strider Plus 750W - Dell U2312HM - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit - CH Combatstick 568

  6. #6

    Default

    Dear alexranc, that is very nice picture you have, what add-on it that?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hfkwong View Post
    Dear alexranc, that is very nice picture you have, what add-on it that?
    Thanks mate, its a combo of Rex and the Grand Canyon scenery (FREE) by AussieX.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akzach View Post
    try putting the scenery complexity & autogen @ dense and water effects @ high x1. those 3 are FPS hogs and should be turned down first if you have FPS problems, or at least as far as im concerned.
    I tried putting those settings down, and it hovers between 16-20

    Clear sky's, both autogen settings at dense. Water effects at low 1.x (which looks very bad)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot789 View Post
    Add-Ons????
    No addons being used when testing.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexranc View Post
    FSx can be a pain to tweak..before we get there...where have you tested it? Big city like New York or a some isolated place? What weather conditions?

    I have a lower system than yours and still manage great fps with great quality using all the major addons.

    Proof: doesnt show fps but was getting locked 21.
    Im testing in Friday Harbor, with the ultralight, clear sky's, and the last test I put the autogen settings to dense and water to low 1.x

    Ahhh like the picture, what are you specs? what graphics card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 11:47 AM
  2. FSx fps ----- Calling all gurus relating to anti aliasing and fps
    By goldhawk in forum PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 03:51 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 04:13 PM
  5. WinXP - Good FPS | WinME - bad FPS! Can...
    By Sebastian in forum FS2002
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2002, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •