Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boeing 737-800 Wing Tip Nav Lights

Default Boeing 737-800 Wing Tip Nav Lights

I like the details on the wing tips' nav light of the WOAI Boeing 737-800 - see pic below.

How can I change my FSX default 738 with a custom texture to include this detail?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-5-18_13-28-4-906.jpg 
Views:	1285 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	66889  

2. Default

What detail???

It might help if you show us a pic of the wingtip

That screen shot shows nothing

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by hsung View Post
    I like the details on the wing tips' nav light of the WOAI Boeing 737-800 - see pic below.

How can I change my FSX default 738 with a custom texture to include this detail?
    I cannot see the "detail" you refer to but if it is a visual element, that would most likely be a part of the model.

The WOAI model appears to be an AI Aardvark model which is quite different than the default FS model.

In any case, if it is a part of the model, there is no way you can add or change either model without the original source files - and the chances of getting those from an author are slim and none.

If it the "position" of the lights you are referring to, that can be edited in the aircraft.cfg file.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by garryrussell View Post
    What detail???

It might help if you show us a pic of the wingtip

That screen shot shows nothing

Garry
    If you click on the thumbnail to enlarge the pic, you will see a red oval highlighting the detail

However, I now believe it is not possible to borrow the object without the model's source code

5. Default

Of course I clicked on the thumbnail...........and that told me nothing

How are we supposed to know what you are talking about??

I did wonder if it was the modelled light you were referring to which as mentioned can't be changed without the source files

When you clicked on the thumbnail, I assume you can see an enlarged pic? If so, there is a red circle which I manually placed on the aircraft's right wing tip.

If the thumbnail does not enlarge for you, maybe your browser prohibits pop-ups?

7. Default

I saw the circle which was only circling the wing light which you had already mentioned but that does not explain what effect you meant.....it's just saying here is the light and I already know what the wingtip light is

If you had said a light behind a glass effect to replash a splash of light on the tip that would say it.

If it's clearer what the question is, the the right answer can be given so much sooner

Best regards

Garry

Default Effect?

It may be an effect, find the "fx_???" used in the WOAI Boeing 737-800 aircraft.cfg file that you want to use and try substituting it in the one you want to see it on.

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //6=taxi light, 7=recognition light, 8=wing light, 9=logo light (Z,X,Y, position)
    light.0=3, -20.40, -0.10, 9.76, fx_navred ,
    light.1=2, -20.40, -0.10, 9.76, fx_strobe ,
    light.3=3, -10.43, 19.39, 2.20, fx_navgre ,

for instance; try replacing "fx_navgre" with the corresponding fx_?green? in the WOAI Boeing 737-800 aircraft.cfg. If that doesn't work, it's not an effect, it's in the model, or is not compatible and can't be changed.

The light effects are stock standard which are used in other FSX aircrafts, so I believe the green cover look is part of the model.

Is there a tool to decompile/compile the .mdl model file?

Sorry, I wish there was. I'd definately be using it.... Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast