Thread: possible to use FS2004 payware scenery for FSX?

Default possible to use FS2004 payware scenery for FSX?

Hello everyone, I've been searching everywhere for a high quality scenery for Jersey and nothing comes close to UK2000 Volume 1. However, its only available for FS2004 so is it possible to convert for FSX? I still have it installed on my computer but having trouble installing it to FSX. I know on the UK2000 website it says its not FSX compatible but there must be a way. If anyone knows how to convert it please let me know. Thanks.

Kyle.

Default FSX Compatible Scenery

Hi, some FS9 scenery works in FSX but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle789 View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been searching everywhere for a high quality scenery for Jersey and nothing comes close to UK2000 Volume 1. However, its only available for FS2004 so is it possible to convert for FSX? I still have it installed on my computer but having trouble installing it to FSX. I know on the UK2000 website it says its not FSX compatible but there must be a way. If anyone knows how to convert it please let me know. Thanks.

Kyle.

I am one who, if the author(s) say something is not compatible, I believe them. After all, they are the ones who created it and tested it on various systems prior to releasing it.

Just my take on the subject.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post
    I am one who, if the author(s) say something is not compatible, I believe them. After all, they are the ones who created it and tested it on various systems prior to releasing it.

Just my take on the subject.
    Well yes and I'm sure its easier to say no than yes. If the author said yes then they'd have to provide support for a product they didn't plan to support all over again. The only reason I ask is because I'm desperate for a decent Jersey. I have over 10 Aerosoft products but will always without fail start in Jersey. Thanks for your input anyway.

5. Default

There's a Brit outfit that's done an FSX Alderney which is one of those Channel Islands so perhaps FSX Jersey is in their plans. Think they also did the Scilly Islands.

UK2000 2004 sceneries do not work in FSX.

If youjust want airports though, have a look at Tim Clayton's Geurnesy, Jersey and Alderney ones. they are pretty good for freeware and much better than the default.

IAN

I have some Megascenery "California" that I bought for FS9, so I thought I'd install it in FSX,and see what it looked like.

Not too bad...a couple of water textures look a little out of place. Here's a "before" and "after" for ya...

Before
    After

Quote Originally Posted by Jugador View Post
    I have some Megascenery "California" that I bought for FS9, so I thought I'd install it in FSX,and see what it looked like.

Not too bad...a couple of water textures look a little out of place. Here's a "before" and "after" for ya...

Before
    After
    They look sweet to me. Think I'll just keep trying. I've also used the freeware Jersey but unfortunately it was made over five years ago and just doesn't cut it when you're flying Jersey to any Aerosoft. Hopefully someone comes up with a Channel Island package