Thread: In search of sunny skies!!??

1. Default In search of sunny skies!!??

Gang, I am always in search of ways to make the ground textures appear more sunny. I have purchased the various ground environmental enhancements packages and made the greens a lighter green and the yellows yellower. Yet there are times that during daytime flights I feel as though the ground just looks as though it were overcast, without that sunny day sparkle. SO, i just laned in West Palm Beach with my new freeware KPBI airport (excellent by the way). While parked at the gate I notice that the roofs of the hanngers south of the airport are a shiny white, making the setting look real sunny. Is it possible for me to go into the default textures of FS 9 and make roofs of the various structures lighter, so when viewed from the sky it gives off that sunnier appearance. Of course, I think the FS9 blurries are to blame for this cause the land textures that are clear directly below do look sunny. But I'm wondering if this might be an option.

Fly tropical latitudes in summer, such as the caribbean or pacific islands. BTW you are wellcome to fly the antilles (all of them) in the caribbean. Who knows !!! one may find a hurricane around

[QUOTE=richiemo;1458728] Of course, I think the FS9 blurries are to blame for this cause the land textures that are clear directly below do look sunny. QUOTE]

When saving mipmaps in the DXTBitmap app, you could try using different settings ie: dither/scaling filter/processing for different results, but this could be a lengthy process finding the combination that suits you.