Thread: Hide exit closing/opening text

Default Hide exit closing/opening text

IS there a way to hide the exit closing/opening text message. I found the other like parking brake etc in the CFG but could not find anything for the exit closing text.

thank you

Ok I got info how to do it and it is indeed working.

Quote Originally Posted by bliksimpie View Post
    Ok I got info how to do it and it is indeed working.
    Whenever you find a solution to a problem, it is considered "good form" to share what you did so others (especially newbies) may learn from your experience.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Wink

Could you share? I too would like to be rid of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post
    Whenever you find a solution to a problem, it is considered "good form" to share what you did so others (especially newbies) may learn from your experience.
    I have send you an PM

here is what I got and it is working for me.
    ----
    The text is in the language.dll in the fsx main folder.

As its a dll BACK IT UP FIRST if it all go's pair shaped just copy the backup back to the main fsx folder.....
    you need to open the dll in a resources editor.

I use this one it works fine under XP 32bit and there is also a 64 bit version out now.

http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

open the language.dll in the above program for the English Accel version. the exit text is in the "string table folder" "section number 2404" but you can use find if its not there, BUT be careful as there are a lot of strings that use the word exit.

When you find the strings they will be in "". You now need to delete all the text inside the "" but leave the "" then click on "compile script" then do a file save.

As its a dll you cant modify and upload it due to copyright..

If the above scares you or to daunting then you might find a edited ver floating around the net I know the fs9 one ended up on most of the larger flightsim sites also make sure the language.dll is for your current ver as it sure to have changed from fsx to fsxA

I take no responsibility if your system catch's fire or stops working or if you get a nasty email from msoft ...Ive been running a self moded one for mths btw no issues here

FYI -

There are a number of "edits" to the language.dll already available in the library here.

Search for Julie Rhodes (message kill and no brakes). I have a couple in the library also including abbreviated messages such as Parking brakes to PB etc.

David "Opa" Marshall