Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my opinion on X-PLANE!

Blog Entries

Wink my opinion on X-PLANE!

HELLO all forgive myspelling etc. just want to convay opinions-here goes,i bought xplane the other day was curious how it improved since 2001 version i had back then i use mostly FSX WITH EXPENSIVE THOUGH WORTH IT ADD ONS-here the opinions=xplane made great advances on the planet earth-i mean the land-textures mountains and oceans and tweeking abilities are i think better than FSX!---but it is a flight sim and planes come 1st and xplane although improved is only at FS9 at best level they are years behind 3rd party FSX developers such as PMDG-AEROSOFT-CAP-SIM 757/767-C-130 -CHEYENNE ETC........SO THE BEST PLANES ARE STILL IN fsx -BUT THE EARTH WINNER IS XPLANE -WILL USE BOTH AN ARTIST DOESNT LIMIT HIMSELF-hers to XPLANE 10 DO MAYBE NEXT YEAR................

Quote Originally Posted by stevepilot View Post
    HELLO all forgive myspelling etc. just want to convay opinions-here goes,i bought xplane the other day was curious how it improved since 2001 version i had back then i use mostly FSX WITH EXPENSIVE THOUGH WORTH IT ADD ONS-here the opinions=xplane made great advances on the planet earth-i mean the land-textures mountains and oceans and tweeking abilities are i think better than FSX!---but it is a flight sim and planes come 1st and xplane although improved is only at FS9 at best level they are years behind 3rd party FSX developers such as PMDG-AEROSOFT-CAP-SIM 757/767-C-130 -CHEYENNE ETC........SO THE BEST PLANES ARE STILL IN fsx -BUT THE EARTH WINNER IS XPLANE -WILL USE BOTH AN ARTIST DOESNT LIMIT HIMSELF-hers to XPLANE 10 DO MAYBE NEXT YEAR................
    It's just best to use both sims for a bit of everything. For instance, the default topography discs included with X-Plane may be better in some of the mountain/desert regions of the Southwest that I prefer to fly in.........................yet some special detailed 3rd party scenery (but limited area) for FSX may top that. And the new Orbx Pacific Northwest scenery for FSX is awesome in detail, and so involving for sight seeing!

And at the same time, X-Scenery puts out the new Falco for X-Plane that has an excellent 3D panel...........which is pushing X-Plane to new heights! I think there is just no reason to limit ourselves to one sim.

L.Adamson --- FS9/FSX/X-Plane 9

Quote Originally Posted by stevepilot View Post
    Hey man!!, you have to use punctuation and commas!, this is very hard to read and understand.

Not sure why Xplane is even discussed, its way behind FS9 let alone FSX , whats with those white cylinders everywhere , you must be a global fan of pea green and beige, oh well i bought it , so im helping the economy rebound i suppose.
    Walter Ray

Not sure why Xplane is even discussed, its way behind FS9 let alone FSX , whats with those white cylinders everywhere , you must be a global fan of pea green and beige, oh well i bought it , so im helping the economy rebound i suppose.
    Well I guess it has to do with the fact Laminar Research, who makes X-Plane, is still in business and Aces is history. X-plane is vastly superior to FSX simply on the fact that it is still around. X-plane wins by default.

X Plane is not so good because first of all. the airports aren't even up to the standards that FS9 and FSX set up. i have XPlane 9 and was flying around in it and landed at central jersey airport (47N) and it is not even the way it looks like in real life. it doesn't even get close now if you look at the real 47N then look at fs9 and fsx you will see that it is very close to the real thing.
    Last edited by JSkorna; 06-01-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: vulgar word removal--this is a family friendly site.

I have both sims on my PC and use them for different things. I love FSX for it's beautiful scenery, REX weather, and extensive plane set.

I am in the process of obtaining a taildragger endorsement and I do all of my practice flying on X-plane, I am not sure if the flight model is more "accurate"(lets not start a whole debate about that) but it does simulate the micro-corrections you have to make more realistically.

X-plane has terrible terrible terrible scenery, cities look like a bomb went off and all that left is IKEA, I can live with that for the purposes of doing pattern work, but if I want to take a VFR cross country flight then it has to be FSX between the photoscenery available and products like Orbx there is no comparison.

People often say Xplane with it's flight modelling is the more realistic sim, but in truth there's alot more to realism than flight modelling, when you look out the cockpit window and see what you have seen in real life then you have one of those moments where you "forget it's a sim" and for those FSX wins hands down.

I am a long time user of MSFS since FS5 days. I was the recipient of X-Plane 9 for Father's Day. I must say I am underwhelmed. Hours to install, hours to set up, unintuitive interfaces, lousy scenery, crappy selection of aircraft, poor documentation.

Of course, my point of view is from that of a flight sim enthusiast - I will never be able to afford flying lessons. I just want a decent sim to have some fun with and not spend thousands of hours learning how to use it.

Thumbs down from Tennessee.

ty

Default My opinion

Xplane is the biggest piece of super hype software I have purchased. I even request my money back and they refused. (They don't have a money back policy). As xplane fans think...Flight simulator has never been a game!, It was not developed by game studios, that didn't exist.
    It was develop by Bruce Artwick as THE FIRST CONSUMER FLIGHT SIMULATOR for Apple computers, not even for PC's. Bruce was one of the first to use raster graphics technology for a simulation. Was created with Raytheon computers and PLAYDOH computers software (Yes! the kids thingy) while a student (and pilot) at the University of Illinois Bruce founded Sublogic, later BAO LTD, created the first satellite sceneries for FS, (there was no pc that could run it full at the time). Bruce, later Joined Microsoft (as partners) and produced another versions (retaining the rights), the product didn't belong to Microsoft. Microsoft then aquired BAO and the rights to the SIMULATION. Bruce also created the Space SIMULATION. This started in the 70's before xplane existed. FS was even used by the Navy and Air Force. Then and only then Microsoft created a dept. called Games Studios and transfer the Simulator to that dept. Not the Game. Is sad that a lot of newbies think that this is a game...Laminar Research is inviting FS users to Xplane like the world is ending because Microsoft is not developing anymore!, Thats not a problem, Microsoft as of May 2010 is manufacturing a WHOLE new batch of FSX DVD's because they run out of media for the stores. Fs is the most realistic simulator in the market. I am a REAL pilot with hundred of flying time hours. Microsoft can close their doors today. That doesn' affect FS, The biggest support for FS IS THE COMMUNITY AND VENDORS, with planes certified by REAL CAPTAINS. Arianne 737, is certified by BOIENG... PMDG etc...

The fact is that FSX was dropped from further development since and I quote Bruce... "My vision and the further development is to create small cockpits for the consumer and Microsoft is not interested, the software is developed already to it's potential"... Long live the Master that has helped this grounded pilot to have fun for over 20 years..

I like this...

and this..

Not the green ground with a gray line for runway!

XPLANE... you still got some catching up to do...if it is so real?...Why I have to adjust even my ground scenery speed? and your airports and scenery...well you know....Me NO likie!
    Last edited by jmiranda; 08-09-2010 at 11:35 AM.

FS9 Default C172

Shot at 2010-07-27

Shot at 2010-07-27

Shot at 2010-07-27

X-Plane Default Cessna 172

Shot at 2010-07-27

Shot at 2010-07-27

And some of you say X-Plane is years behind FS9?

LOL
    Something those screenshots cannot show is the gauge animation. FS9 gauge animation is years behind X Plane.

It's not a flight sim competition, people. But let's not discourage people from at least trying both sims by posting remarks that have no foundation. Research first, then post.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast