Thread: Dakota Win7/64 FSX Secrets

Default Dakota Win7/64 FSX Secrets

I spent a lot of time getting the Dakota to work with my FSX/Vista (32) installation. Was able to get it all up & running eventually, and was very happy with this aircraft. Unfortunately, my dual core laptop did not run FSX with nearly it's capabilities. A week ago, I became the proud new owner of a desktop machine with an Intel I7 and an ATI 5770 card. I'm now running Win 7 64 , and of course, FSX.
    I know the general consensus here is that the Dakota, as supplied from DreamFleet, does not run correctly in a 64-bit environment.
    However, as a faithful follower of these DreamFleet forums, I've seen that some folks have been able to make it work, if not 100% properly.
    Since I'm getting old, and beginning to experience CRS (Can't Remember S**t), I was wondering if some kind soul could post a complete step-by-step of how you were able to get this plane in the air on your Win 7 (64 bit)/FSX installation, even if it's not perfect.
    In advance - I sure do appreciate it
    Loren

Thumbs down Dakota Win 64 Secrets

Hmmmmm..... no responses. So I take it, as far as anyone knows, this is a dead issue. (?)
    Very disappointing, what's happened to DreamFleet.
    I've purchased several DreamFleet products - NONE of which I can use anymore.

So sad it came to this.....

***Update***
    Got it to work. Had to purchase & install all the latest RXP files. The Dreamfleet Dakota is now officially my most expensive aircraft addon ;-)
    Last edited by LCole; 04-16-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LCole View Post
    I spent a lot of time getting the Dakota to work with my FSX/Vista (32) installation. Was able to get it all up & running eventually, and was very happy with this aircraft. Unfortunately, my dual core laptop did not run FSX with nearly it's capabilities. A week ago, I became the proud new owner of a desktop machine with an Intel I7 and an ATI 5770 card. I'm now running Win 7 64 , and of course, FSX.
    I know the general consensus here is that the Dakota, as supplied from DreamFleet, does not run correctly in a 64-bit environment.
    However, as a faithful follower of these DreamFleet forums, I've seen that some folks have been able to make it work, if not 100% properly.
    Since I'm getting old, and beginning to experience CRS (Can't Remember S**t), I was wondering if some kind soul could post a complete step-by-step of how you were able to get this plane in the air on your Win 7 (64 bit)/FSX installation, even if it's not perfect.
    In advance - I sure do appreciate it
    Loren
    Would sure love the same if anyone could provide an answer.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mr3856a View Post
    Would sure love the same if anyone could provide an answer.
    All you need do is replace all original RXP based gauges with the current GNS WAAS equivalents, which you will have to buy, by editing the panel.cfg file... this has been covered in the forum many times. It's true of any Dreamfleet aircraft that you bring into a 64 bit system.

DJ