Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Text-o-Matic not working and I'm stuck

Default Text-o-Matic not working and I'm stuck

I have the disc version of Greatest Airliners-727. Just finished reinstalling all previous software on my PC and everything, including MS2004/FSX and GA 727 installed without issue except I did encounter the "429 error" when opening the Text-o-Matic and aircraft configuration programs. GA727 aircraft opens ok and flies without any problems.

Initially back in 2006, I had the same issue when first installing this a/c add-on. After some stumbling around lastnight (I forgot how I did this before), I got the "SmartSubClass.dll" file installed and now the configuration and Text-o-Matic programs open up.

I saved copies of my favorite 727-200 repaint zip files on my backup external hard drive and downloaded them to my PC's hard drive and unzipped them to the C:windows/program files/fs9/greatest airliners/textomatic/templates directory. When I go into the file, I can see the templates are there. These are the same zip files that worked previously on my PC with GA727.

I can now open TOM and select 727-200 passenger 32-bit in the first step and then click the arrow to select. It then dumps me back to the wizard and puts a check in the circle - good so far. It also puts a check in the circle for the tail number. I can make inputs to all fields EXCEPT the "repaint template". I don't see any repaints there in the window.

Note: I did install the most recent version of TOM off the web page and it does indicate the new version on the lower right cornor. It made no change to the issue I'm having.

I'm now stuck on how to get my add-on paint kits going at this point. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I must be missing a file in the correct location or I didn't down load something correctly - I just don't know at this point!

I did look over as many post as I could last night but couldn't find my exact problem.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong or what I should be lookin at???

I'm wondering if I should remove GA727 and FS2004 completely and reinstall again. It's just strange that the paint files are there but the TOM isn't seeing them.

Windows XP Home Edition 32-Bit
    128MB Video card
    3GB Ram
    Last edited by TheBear; 02-28-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Add system information

2. Default

I recall there being an issue using later version of T-O-M. Can you recall installing any other Flight 1 products after the 727? I'm wondering if there's any chance that another version of T-O-M could have updated it.

If you think this may have happened, send me your email address and I'll get you the original version to try.
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

Paul, thanks for answering!

I haven't installed any other TOM of any kind - no other aircraft add on's except for adding some airline paint jobs to my FSX sim. They didn't require any TOM programs. I did have to go into the .cfg files and add specific aircraft information for each aircraft/paint job, which I didn't seem to have to do using my 727 additional paint jobs.

Being the specific paint job items do show up when I view them in the "textures" folder, I'm thinking that I have to be missing a file or command to make TOM recognize the info. I did the SmartSubClass.dll but am wondering about the regsvr32 part. I don't really know what that is about. I don't know if they are two seperate things and the regsvr32 also needs to be installed in the same fashion.

In the post I saw them listed in they were like this: regsvr32 SmartSubClass.dll

Being there is a space between them, I'm not sure if they are two different commands or if they are the same. I found them in the following post:

---Begin---
    Steve Halpern
    Admin Group
    Posted: 23 September 2004 at 8:44pm
    I think it is a missing dll in your system. Windows gives it this odd message for some reason.

Jim recompiled the setup if you want to download it. Or simply, download this dll and extract it to your Windows\System32 folder. Then execute this command in your Start/Run menu... or at a command prompt.

regsvr32 SmartSubClass.dll

http://www.flight1software.com/files/SmartSubClass.zip

Steve
    Flight One Software
    --end---

I'll remove the latest TOM program and re-install it tonight. I may even try to remove MS2004 and reinstall the entire works depending on what your input is.

Ray

4. Default

A couple of thoughts.

You said that when you get to the part where you select your repaint, there's no repaint to choose from. Can you try selecting an 8bit instead of 32bit 727 and see if that shows any repaints to select.

I haven't using T-O-M for ages, so this is from memory.

What concerns me is that the basic product comes with a template already saved to create a new texture set from and you don't seem to see it, unless when you said there were no templates, you actually meant none of yours.

I'll keep an eye on this thread during the evening to see if we can get it sorted out quickly.
    Cheers

Paul Golding

Paul,

I don't see any of the paint jobs that I had down loaded and I don't see any others (original paints) in the T-O-M program window after selecting the aircraft I want. I can however select the various different original paint's for the aircraft once I've launched FS2004 and my appropriate DF727.

As I said earlier, I think it's probably a simple fix/command missing but I really don't know. Tonight is my "Friday" so I think I am going to remove DF727 and FS2004 and do a complete reinstall.

It won't take to long and it just might fix its self.

If this doesn't fix it, I'll be content as long as I can fly it.
    Ray

6. Default

Probably not a bad idea. The 727 package includes a ready made template and associated alpha layer so if you install and do nothing else, opening T-O-M will give you a Continental -200 template ready to create a texture set from.

If you're not seeing that, something has been changed or moved after installing, I imagine.
    Cheers

Paul Golding

Paul,

I did a complete reinstall last night and it didn't work. Prior to reinstalling the 727, I went into MS2004's "settings" and the "display" tab and stumbled across a 1024x768 8 bit and 32 bit setting option. Earlier, you memtioned the 8 bit thing and I didn't know what you were referring to. Well, I found this and reset my option to the 32 bit selection. It changed my screen and I thought I'd be up and running with Text-O-Matic and my re-paints but when I unzipped the Republic Airlines scheme just now, nothing!

At least at this point I can fly the 727 and it will just have to do.

Thanks for making the 727 as it's always been a favorite of mine.

Ray

8. Default

We may be talking at crossed purposes here.

By default, installing the 727 product also adds C-O-M and T-O-M.

Without doing anything after the installation, if you open T-O-M you will find that you can create a new Continental -200 texture set from the the template that is already there.

What I want to know is; can you do that?
    Cheers

Paul Golding

Paul,

When I opened T-O-M, there was nothing in the window....it was blank and there was no sign of a Continental paint job. Even after I opened the simulator and got to select the various paints from there, I saw no Continental as I recall.

After I completely removed GA727 yesterday, the mail man delivered my FS2004 version of PMDG 747-Queen of the Skies.

While GA727 was removed, I figured I would install the 747 program and to my suprise it installed without any problems and it actually works!

So, I went to reinstall my GA727 and in the first part of the install program, I got a message that says "One or more files are write protected. Do you want to over-write them anyway?" I never got that before when installing GA727. I suspect PMGD locked up some files and I am afraid to overwrite them and get errors on this program too.

Not sure how to get my GA727 going again without removing PMGD and installing GA727 first then reinstall PMGD.

Guess my T-O-M issue is on the back burner now.
    Last edited by TheBear; 03-04-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: add word

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    Paul,

When I opened T-O-M, there was nothing in the window....it was blank and there was no sign of a Continental paint job. Even after I opened the simulator and got to select the various paints from there, I saw no Continental as I recall.

After I completely removed GA727 yesterday, the mail man delivered my FS2004 version of PMDG 747-Queen of the Skies.

While GA727 was removed, I figured I would install the 747 program and to my suprise it installed without any problems and it actually works!

So, I went to reinstall my GA727 and in the first part of the install program, I got a message that says "One or more files are write protected. Do you want to over-write them anyway?" I never got that before when installing GA727. I suspect PMGD locked up some files and I am afraid to overwrite them and get errors on this program too.

Not sure how to get my GA727 going again without removing PMGD and installing GA727 first then reinstall PMGD.

Guess my T-O-M issue is on the back burner now.
    I have both installed with no problem so feel free to just OK any requests. Also, do you know the files to be overwritten are 747 files? Did you manually check your FS folders for any leftover 727 files and delete them/

As I've said, the 727 package provides you with a template to create the Continental livery by default i.e. it's not an option, everyone gets the Continental template. Once you've got the 727 installed again and can actually see the template, we can then try and find out why you have a problem with adding any more.
    Cheers

Paul Golding

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast