Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 X Configuration Manager and TOM

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by signmanbob View Post
    I'm not very familiar with using the "Command Prompt"
    I bring up the Command Prompt and I am trying to type in "C:\windows\SysWOW64 but I am getting the error "C:\windows\SysWOW64 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
    I noticed that "C:\Users\Bob>" is already there in the command Prompt.
    How do I navigate to this folder in the command Prompt to type in the commands that you put here?

Thank you,
    Bob
    When your in the command prompt seeing C:\Users\Bob>, type cd c:\ and enter. You'll now be at c:\ and can enter windows\SysWOW64

Lol! Even easier is when at C:\Users\Bob>, type cd c:\windows\SysWOW64
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

Thank you Paul. That worked fine and I learned something new. Can't ask for more than that, well, now let's see if that fixes my Dreamfleet 727.

Yes the aircraft seems to be working now. I'm still getting the "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" message when I try to run the configurator program. But the aircraft seems to be working ok.

Thank you,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by signmanbob View Post
    Yes the aircraft seems to be working now. I'm still getting the "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" message when I try to run the configurator program. But the aircraft seems to be working ok.

Thank you,
    Bob
    Have you tried my suggestion ?

Peter

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    Have you tried my suggestion ?

Peter
    Looks like it's up and running now, based on Bob's last post in the other thread https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=198487
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

6. Default Windows 7 X Configuration Manager and TOM

Hi, All,

I tried Sandro Becker's suggestion of downloading and copying the two files, "COMDLG32.OCX" and "SmartSubClass.dll," to the "C:\windows\SysWOW64" directory and then activating them via the command prompt. The result was that now my menu screen in FS9 flickers wildly, making it essentially unusable. Unfortunately I was too stupid to back up the old files. ARGHH! How many times do I have to relearn this basic lesson!

At this point I think I'll re-install FS9 on my WinX partition. I was so hoping I could have it running in Win7 64. And except for this one plane, it works (or should I say worked) fine.

I was wondering if anyone would take pity on a fool and email me the old files as an attachment. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Murfman

7. Default

Hi, Again.

Found out the cause of my flickering. I had recently put my old monitor in place while my newer one was being serviced. The resolution was set for a higher value than the old one could handle.

However, I still can't load the 727. I get the old CTD when I try. Looks like I'll still be navigating my installation over to my WinX partition after all.

I still wouldn't mind if someone would send me the old files I mentioned in the previous post, though.

Thanks,

Murfman

Default Files already in sysWOW64

When I tried to extract the files to the folder it said they were already there and did I want to replace them. I'm using Win 7. What now Thanx.

Art Stuart

9. Default I've done everything!!!!!

I have done everything in this thread and a few others to get my Config Manager working and non of it is doing a bit of good. My regsvr...doesn't do what it's supposed to, I have tried using command prompt window, to no avail, I have downloaded and installed and dragged and dropped and copy & pasted and uninstalled, deleted, removed, system restored til I can't deal with this anymore. How bout some kind of fix from DreamFleet programmers or someone who knows how to fix this problem. I know I am not the only one out there h aving it. I want to fly, not sit around some forum waiting and hoping for an answer. Until Windows Vista and 7 I never had a problem.

My System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (build 7600)
    MSI 770-G45 MoBo
    A-DATA 4Gb DDR3
    AMD Athlon II x4 2.6Ghz
    GT 220 1Gb DDR3 GfX
    1Tb HDD
    Creative X-Fi Platinum.
    If a DXDIAG is needed I will be happy to e-mail anyone who can actually help me.

Hayden

If you posted what your error messages were, you might get somewhere.

The only problem I had was runtime error 429. It was fixed per my post above.

Peter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast