Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Windows 7 X Configuration Manager and TOM

1. Smile FInally!!!!!!!

Everyone,

Ok, I feel like a real moron now. I did not disable my UAC. The way in which to do it on W7 is a bit different than XP or Vista. When I opened the Action Center, it told me I must restart my computer to disable UAC. I didn't get any kind of pop up saying I was supposed to do all that, so I missed that step. I can now use the Cinfigurator .

A big thank you too all that took the time to figure this problem out and put an end to alot of frustration (at least on my part). So please forgive my stupidity on this matter. ~runs off into the sunset kiking self in rear~ "you're an idiot Hayden, an Idiot, do you hear me, you're an IDIOT" lol.

Happy Flying

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Everyone,

Ok, I feel like a real moron now. I did not disable my UAC. The way in which to do it on W7 is a bit different than XP or Vista. When I opened the Action Center, it told me I must restart my computer to disable UAC. I didn't get any kind of pop up saying I was supposed to do all that, so I missed that step. I can now use the Cinfigurator .

A big thank you too all that took the time to figure this problem out and put an end to alot of frustration (at least on my part). So please forgive my stupidity on this matter. ~runs off into the sunset kiking self in rear~ "you're an idiot Hayden, an Idiot, do you hear me, you're an IDIOT" lol.

Happy Flying
    You're neither a moron or an idiot; you had a problem, found the solution and kept at it until you found the step you missed.

Glad you got it sorted and more importantly, took the time to post the above.

As you can imagine, it gets really frustrating for us when we see people are having a problem despite having tried all known fixes. It's especially frustrating for the developer, given that the product was created for Windows XP and the utilities like COM and TOM were created for us by the publisher, Flight 1.
    Last edited by Paul Golding; 07-08-2010 at 04:29 AM.
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

I have installed the DF 727 to my new Windows 7 64 system, but I can't get the Configuration Mgr to work.
    I have followed the instructions from the first post, but still I get the error message "Run Time Error 429 Active X component can't create object".
    This is actually a different 429 error to the one I got before following the procedure as advised.

Is there a new Configuration manager released that I have missed, I downloaded and installed from a new Flight 1 727 exe, so I assume it is the latest one?

This was my favourite aircraft in my previous Win XP installation, so I will be disappointed if I can't use it anymore. The Aircraft seems to load ok in Win 7, just the Configuration software won't run.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: After many hours of searching and trying, I finally found the missing link. I needed to download and install this file:
    http://www.flight1.com/dx7vb.exe
    which I found in another thread.

The Configuration manager now seems to work ok.
    May I suggest that this topic needs to be spelt out more clearly in an easily understood set of instructions. I'm sure lots of people are coming across this problem as they move to Win 64 and want to retain there beloved DF727.
    Last edited by wad54; 10-09-2010 at 04:44 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wad54 View Post
    After many hours of searching and trying, I finally found the missing link. I needed to download and install this file:
    http://www.flight1.com/dx7vb.exe
    AWESOME! did the trick for me on my CD version for Windows 7 x64. even the RXP works!

5. Default

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and I'm having the 727 config runtime problem. Tried dx7vb.exe but it didn't work. I was gonna try adding COMDLG32.OCX and SmartSubClass.dll to my windows folder but these files are already in there. Am I supposed to replace them?

Thanks!

Nick

6. Default

The way in which to do it on W7 is a bit different than XP or Vista. When I opened the Action Center, it told me I must restart my computer to disable UAC. I didn't get any kind of pop up saying I was supposed to do all that, so I missed that step.

7. Default

I have installed it into Flight Simulator 2004 as administrator as well as normal and when i run now Flight Simulator and want to use the Boeing 727 the program just closes. This happens when i run Flight Simulator normal as well as when i run it as administrator. Whats the problem and what can i do.

8. Default

It's a license issue I imagine. Is this an install from the download version or disk and what OS are you using?
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

9. Default

DISREGARD - I REPLIED to an earlier post !!!
    When in command prompt type "cd C:\windows\SysWOW64", cd means 'change directory to'
    Then you will see that "C:\Users\Bob>" wil get replaced by "C:\windows\SysWOW64"
    Last edited by SLKVP; 02-11-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: DISREGARD REPLY

10. Default

Just got a DELL XPS 8300, i7 processor, 8 gig mem, NVIDIA GT350 video card. Loaded my re-activated DF 727 with valid key. I have the same problem with the Configuration Manager. Downloaded & unzipped the 2 files to the syswow64 folder, got to the C:\windows\syswow64 folder and typed the two commands. The "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx" notified me that it was successful. The "regsvr32 SmartSubClass.dll" command resulted in an error message: "The module 'SmartSubClass.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005." It suggested that I search online using the error code. Tried that and got a plethora of complex resolution plans. Did I do something wrong. Pretty much of a neophyte with this stuff, unfortunately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3