Windows 7 X Configuration Manager and TOM

Dear Paul and team,

I read about the topic involving Vista 64. I made a tutorial how to make the new systems work with this programs until Flight1 give us a new 64 bits plataform program.

I instaled the 727 in my windows 7 64bits and the result was amazing. Fly realy smooth.

TUTORIAL

1- Disable UAC (Vista or Windows 7)

2- Download this 2 files and unzip at C:\windows\SysWOW64

http://www.flight1software.com/files/COMDLG32.zip

http://www.flight1software.com/files/SmartSubClass.zip

3- Use Command Prompt and go to folder C:\windows\SysWOW64

4- Type "regsvr32 SmartSubClass.dll" and hit enter

5- Type "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx" and hit enter

6- Able UAC

Regards,

Sandro Becker

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Sandro. I've stuck this thread as your recommendation appears to work.....I'll be trying it tonight on my new PC as well.

Master Paul,

Have a nice year. I read some posts about this thread and this way was simple and for now resolved for me and hope for all users. Now i can run all Flight1 programs.

Salute,

Sandro Becker (A happy Brazilian 727 pilot)

• 1 month later...

I'm not very familiar with using the "Command Prompt"

I bring up the Command Prompt and I am trying to type in "C:\windows\SysWOW64 but I am getting the error "C:\windows\SysWOW64 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I noticed that "C:\Users\Bob>" is already there in the command Prompt.

How do I navigate to this folder in the command Prompt to type in the commands that you put here?

Thank you,

Bob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/signmanbob/12aa7b74-a550-428c-af1f-4c6a545f245d_zps5e572a9a.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/signmanbob/727_FlyJSim_zpsd6b4b574.jpg

I'm not very familiar with using the "Command Prompt"

I bring up the Command Prompt and I am trying to type in "C:\windows\SysWOW64 but I am getting the error "C:\windows\SysWOW64 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I noticed that "C:\Users\Bob>" is already there in the command Prompt.

How do I navigate to this folder in the command Prompt to type in the commands that you put here?

Thank you,

Bob

When your in the command prompt seeing C:\Users\Bob>, type cd c:\ and enter. You'll now be at c:\ and can enter windows\SysWOW64

Lol! Even easier is when at C:\Users\Bob>, type cd c:\windows\SysWOW64

Cheers

Paul Golding

Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

Thank you Paul. That worked fine and I learned something new. Can't ask for more than that, well, now let's see if that fixes my Dreamfleet 727.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/signmanbob/12aa7b74-a550-428c-af1f-4c6a545f245d_zps5e572a9a.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/signmanbob/727_FlyJSim_zpsd6b4b574.jpg

Yes the aircraft seems to be working now. I'm still getting the "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" message when I try to run the configurator program. But the aircraft seems to be working ok.

Thank you,

Bob

Yes the aircraft seems to be working now. I'm still getting the "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" message when I try to run the configurator program. But the aircraft seems to be working ok.

Thank you,

Bob

Have you tried my suggestion ?

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, All,

I tried Sandro Becker's suggestion of downloading and copying the two files, "COMDLG32.OCX" and "SmartSubClass.dll," to the "C:\windows\SysWOW64" directory and then activating them via the command prompt. The result was that now my menu screen in FS9 flickers wildly, making it essentially unusable. Unfortunately I was too stupid to back up the old files. ARGHH! How many times do I have to relearn this basic lesson!

At this point I think I'll re-install FS9 on my WinX partition. I was so hoping I could have it running in Win7 64. And except for this one plane, it works (or should I say worked) fine.

I was wondering if anyone would take pity on a fool and email me the old files as an attachment. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Murfman

Hi, Again.

Found out the cause of my flickering. I had recently put my old monitor in place while my newer one was being serviced. The resolution was set for a higher value than the old one could handle.

However, I still can't load the 727. I get the old CTD when I try. Looks like I'll still be navigating my installation over to my WinX partition after all.

I still wouldn't mind if someone would send me the old files I mentioned in the previous post, though.

Thanks,

Murfman

• 3 months later...

I have done everything in this thread and a few others to get my Config Manager working and non of it is doing a bit of good. My regsvr...doesn't do what it's supposed to, I have tried using command prompt window, to no avail, I have downloaded and installed and dragged and dropped and copy & pasted and uninstalled, deleted, removed, system restored til I can't deal with this anymore. How bout some kind of fix from DreamFleet programmers or someone who knows how to fix this problem. I know I am not the only one out there h aving it. I want to fly, not sit around some forum waiting and hoping for an answer. Until Windows Vista and 7 I never had a problem.

My System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (build 7600)

MSI 770-G45 MoBo

A-DATA 4Gb DDR3

AMD Athlon II x4 2.6Ghz

GT 220 1Gb DDR3 GfX

1Tb HDD

Creative X-Fi Platinum.

If a DXDIAG is needed I will be happy to e-mail anyone who can actually help me.

Hayden

Everyone,

Ok, I feel like a real moron now. I did not disable my UAC. The way in which to do it on W7 is a bit different than XP or Vista. When I opened the Action Center, it told me I must restart my computer to disable UAC. I didn't get any kind of pop up saying I was supposed to do all that, so I missed that step. I can now use the Cinfigurator :) .

A big thank you too all that took the time to figure this problem out and put an end to alot of frustration (at least on my part). So please forgive my stupidity on this matter. ~runs off into the sunset kiking self in rear~ "you're an idiot Hayden, an Idiot, do you hear me, you're an IDIOT" lol.

Happy Flying :)

Everyone,

Ok, I feel like a real moron now. I did not disable my UAC. The way in which to do it on W7 is a bit different than XP or Vista. When I opened the Action Center, it told me I must restart my computer to disable UAC. I didn't get any kind of pop up saying I was supposed to do all that, so I missed that step. I can now use the Cinfigurator :) .

A big thank you too all that took the time to figure this problem out and put an end to alot of frustration (at least on my part). So please forgive my stupidity on this matter. ~runs off into the sunset kiking self in rear~ "you're an idiot Hayden, an Idiot, do you hear me, you're an IDIOT" lol.

Happy Flying :)

You're neither a moron or an idiot; you had a problem, found the solution and kept at it until you found the step you missed.

Glad you got it sorted and more importantly, took the time to post the above.

As you can imagine, it gets really frustrating for us when we see people are having a problem despite having tried all known fixes. It's especially frustrating for the developer, given that the product was created for Windows XP and the utilities like COM and TOM were created for us by the publisher, Flight 1.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

• 3 months later...

I have installed the DF 727 to my new Windows 7 64 system, but I can't get the Configuration Mgr to work.

I have followed the instructions from the first post, but still I get the error message "Run Time Error 429 Active X component can't create object".

This is actually a different 429 error to the one I got before following the procedure as advised.

Is there a new Configuration manager released that I have missed, I downloaded and installed from a new Flight 1 727 exe, so I assume it is the latest one?

This was my favourite aircraft in my previous Win XP installation, so I will be disappointed if I can't use it anymore. The Aircraft seems to load ok in Win 7, just the Configuration software won't run.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: After many hours of searching and trying, I finally found the missing link. I needed to download and install this file:

http://www.flight1.com/dx7vb.exe

which I found in another thread.

The Configuration manager now seems to work ok.

May I suggest that this topic needs to be spelt out more clearly in an easily understood set of instructions. I'm sure lots of people are coming across this problem as they move to Win 64 and want to retain there beloved DF727.

• 2 weeks later...