Thread: Flight Plan Lables

Default Flight Plan Lables

I am trying to turn on the Flight Plan Lable in FS9, I went to FS9.CFG----- AC Contain--Flight Plan and made flight plan a 1. Nothing happened. Any ideas ?? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airfree View Post
    I am trying to turn on the Flight Plan Lable in FS9, I went to FS9.CFG----- AC Contain--Flight Plan and made flight plan a 1. Nothing happened. Any ideas ?? thanks

Hopw exactly did you write it?

It should be:

ShowLabelFlightPlan=1

and you must also change the ShowLabels=0 to ShowLabels=1 in order for labels to show at all.

It is under the [AContain] label by the way.

I do not use that method at all - I much prefer to have the free TrafficToolbox ulitity installed which allows you to set traffic levels and change what info is displayed on labels while you fly. Much better in my opinion.

If interested you can download the Traffictoolbox SDK here:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo..._sdk_setup.exe

Install it wherever you wish - the place a copy of the Traffictoolbox.dll in your modules folder. You will then have a new Tab on the menu bar at the top of your Fs2004 screen named Tools and under it will be the Traffic Toolbox. An invaluable addon.

Hope that helps.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default Thanks Dave again

Dave, that little program works great. Also thanks again for reccomending Aifc175 and aifpe 154, all work great. I do not fly much anymore. I love to build and I use Traffic View Board to follow things at different airports. I use FS Addon Manager a lot to manage things. My biggest problen is if I load all the flight plans at one time in fs addon it takes forever for flight sim to load. I try to load the flight planls for the airport I am working on or viewing. This takes time, I am ready to do a spread sheet on each airport I build. I was hoping to beable to build sets in FS addon using the copy part, copy more than one file into a set, but i dont think think it is possiable. I have looked for a program to do that. you have any ideas ? Thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by airfree View Post
    Dave, that little program works great. Also thanks again for reccomending Aifc175 and aifpe 154, all work great. I do not fly much anymore. I love to build and I use Traffic View Board to follow things at different airports. I use FS Addon Manager a lot to manage things. My biggest problen is if I load all the flight plans at one time in fs addon it takes forever for flight sim to load. I try to load the flight planls for the airport I am working on or viewing. This takes time, I am ready to do a spread sheet on each airport I build. I was hoping to beable to build sets in FS addon using the copy part, copy more than one file into a set, but i dont think think it is possiable. I have looked for a program to do that. you have any ideas ? Thanks for all your help
    Not quite sure what you mean when you use the term "flight plans". Are you speaking of Traffic files?

I have never used FS Addon Manager - much prefer to manage my things manually. The number of Traffic files themselves do not materially lengthen the load time for me - the number of aircraft I have installed does as well as the number of scenery enhancements. I am speaking of the initial load time of FS2004.

As I understand it, during the initial startup many items are checked by FS. Then during flying, only those items which are required to display the area you are flying in are actually loaded.

Bottom line? No new ideas to share with you. Sorry.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Yes speaking of traffic files for different airlines. If I make all active at one time can take 10 min to load flight sim. I am sitting here making excell pages for airports I build. Using FS Addon I can pull each one up and see if they fly to the airport I am building, what planes are used at each airport and how many of each. then I know what to build in afcad files. Lets me know if I need to increase the terminal size in anyway. I have an older system, that is probly the problem. thanks